LCEC is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative providing reliable and cost competitive electricity to nearly 210,000 customers in Southwest Florida. As part of a local business, LCEC’s employees are deeply involved in economic development, education, the environment and building communities.
The organization operates with a keen eye on maintaining financial strength while providing quality service to customers. Annual key performance indicators, customer satisfaction surveys, employee engagement surveys and open communication opportunities ensure the organization is on track.
LCEC is one of the largest cooperatives in the United States and one of the largest employers in Lee County, Florida. Cooperative membership is open to all customers within the service territory.
LCEC serves customers in Cape Coral, North Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Pine Island, Everglades City, Immokalee, Marco Island, Ave Maria and parts of Lehigh Acres. The organization’s headquarters remain in North Fort Myers; the location that the cooperative began in 1940.
This is a paid college student intern or Co-Op position that will assist the public relations staff with research, project planning, writing, special events, tours, collateral materials, and photography.
Work Hours: Varies – Part-time Temporary/not to exceed 29 hours per week.
- Self-directed work ethic.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Writing experience. (Class research papers count!)
- Proficiency in Internet usage and basic computer skills.
- Proficiency in Social Media.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Personable and willing to interview internal and external customers.
- Public relations or communications course completion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer programs.
- Photography skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 20 pounds and work under somewhat stressful deadlines.
- Work Environment: Office and occasional field work.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.