Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Public Relations Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
At TransLife our primary customers are patients awaiting transplantation and donor families. Our partners are donor hospitals and our team members are TransLife employees. As the federally-designated organ procurement organization (OPO) for 10 counties in east Central Florida, TransLife works closely with hospitals and donor families to coordinate the gift of life. At the time of donation, TransLife becomes a critical link between a donor and possible recipients. Our responsibilities include the recovery, preservation and distribution of donated organs to critically ill patients. The recipients of donation are identified by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), which manages the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and national transplant waiting list. TransLife is dedicated to saving and improving lives through organ and tissue donation and public education, while honoring all donors and their loved ones whose generosity makes the gift of life possible.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Public Education Coordinator collaborates with corporate and community partners, volunteers and driver license/tax offices to help maximize education on organ and tissue donation and actionable donor designations. Under supervision, the public education coordinator develops, implements and evaluates public education initiatives tailored for specific audiences in addition to overseeing the TransLife volunteer program.
The Public Education Coordinator actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Creates and maintains positive working relationships with targeted audiences, including but not limited to, corporate and community partners, volunteers and driver license/tax offices. Collaborates with the public relations manager in the development, implementation and evaluation of key educational initiatives, including the Workplace Partnership for Life, Driver License/Tax Office initiative, Decision: Donation High School program and Done Vida and Race for Life multicultural campaigns, providing a monthly progress report to the manager. Conducts a minimum of 30 in-services for these key publics within a 12-month period.
- Maintains current documentation of outcome measures (i.e., number of people reached, number of actionable donor designations) stemming from general community outreach efforts in addition to partner participation in the Workplace Partnership for Life campaign, Driver License/Tax Office initiative, Decision: Donation High School program and multicultural campaigns.
- Performs donor designation data reviews of assigned driver license/tax offices, identifies areas of quality improvement, and shares results and recommendations with the office managers on a quarterly basis.
- Serves as a professional liaison to and collaborates with student volunteers engaged in the UCF Get Carded college campaign. Specifically guides the students in the planning, implementation, and evaluation stages of the college program. Provides campaign reports to and actively participates in efforts with Donate Life Florida.
- Coordinates the TransLife volunteer program, implementing a minimum of three volunteer activities specific to training and recognition within a 12-month period. Meets quarterly with volunteer committees established for, but not limited to, volunteer recruitment and multicultural outreach. Actively participates in the planning of special events and activities designed to promote awareness, understanding and support for organ and tissue donation and donor designation among targeted audiences.
- Identifies a minimum of three feature or donation-related stories within a 12-month period. Under supervision, develops press releases and articles for publication.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Public Relations Coordinator opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.