In the late 1980s, four friends who were all veterans of the hospitality industry had the dream of opening their own restaurant. They wanted a place with a casual atmosphere and a strong focus on quality food and service.
To differentiate themselves from other dining concepts, they decided an Australian theme fit the relaxed, friendly and fun image they wanted for their new restaurant. With a “No Rules, Just Right” mentality that takes food very seriously, but without taking themselves too seriously and operating under the premise that nothing stands in the way of pleasing the customer, they opened their first Outback Steakhouse restaurant in March 1988 in Tampa, Florida. Outback Steakhouse quickly became known as a place that served a great steak at a reasonable price by people who genuinely cared about the comfort, well-being and joy of their guests.
Since the first Outback Steakhouse opened, our family has expanded to include Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, and Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar. Together, these unique, Founder-inspired restaurants that deliver exceptional quality and welcoming hospitality make up Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
Today, Bloomin' Brands is one of the world's largest casual dining companies with approximately 94,000 Team Members and close to 1,500 restaurants throughout 48 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and 19 countries. Bloomin' Brands is a 2018 Fortune World's Most Admired Company.
The Project and Communications Manager for Fleming’s will be responsible for keeping projects and internal communications on time through development, testing, implementation and deployment. Typical projects and initiatives are focused on improving operations, guest satisfaction and cost controls as requested in the Culinary, Service and Beverage areas in our restaurants.
The Project and Communications Manager will collaborate with functional experts to ensure successful transition of projects from test to implementation, working closely with our Strategic Integration, Training and Operations team. This individual will also be responsible for leading and writing internal company communications and memos, including the draft and creation of written materials, preparation of presentations and newsletters to employees.
How you will make an impact:
- Create and manage a standard way for the organization to administer and implement projects
- Communicate to all stakeholders in the process and provide ongoing updates on a regular basis
- Follow up communication to the leadership team with specific attention paid to consumer and operations feedback.
- Development of processes and systems to drive accurate testing and timely feedback.
Operational initiatives may include, but are not limited to - new recipes, LTO’s, equipment, service enhancements, technology improvements, and test project roll outs.
- Develop field communication, including emails and handouts.
- Assist in writing other pieces of communication, including letters to vendor partners and presentations.
- Help manage courses in the Learning Management System.
- Assist in designing and developing training.