OUR MISSION & GOALS:
The Mission of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation is to work for the preservation and revitalization of Georgia's diverse historic resources and advocate their appreciation, protection and use.
The Vision of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservationis for Georgians to understand and appreciate the irreplaceable value of historic buildings and places and their relevance to modern life. We envision Georgians who promote careful stewardship and active use of these diverse resources and recognize the economic and cultural benefits of preservation. We envision communities where new development complements and reinforces thriving downtowns and historic neighborhoods, contributing to a healthy and enriched humane environment.
Get Involved! Find out how you can become a member of The Georgia Trust.
The goals of the Trust are:
- To increase the number of historic buildings, places and related landscapes that are protected, preserved and actively used across the state
- To broaden understanding of the enormous environmental and economic impact of preservation as an essential tool for community revitalization, quality of life enhancement and sustainability
- To expand the preservation constituency by increasing public awareness, demonstrating the integral relationships and forging partnerships with other fields, and building a strong and active membership
- To collect best preservation practices and disseminate to our statewide audiences
- To employ the resources of Georgia's historic built environment and related landscapes as the most effective means of bringing the relevance of history to the daily lives of Georgians
Assists in the Trust's Preservation Assistance, Preservation Awards and Places in Peril programs, while working with the programs of Endangered Properties and Revolving Fund Education in conjunction with the Director of Preservation and Communications Director. The Coordinator must be well organized, responsible, self-disciplined, personable and possess graphic design and desktop publishing skills.
Reports to: Senior Director of Communications and Preservation Director