The Georgia Farm Bureau Federation is Georgia's largest and strongest voluntary agricultural organization with more than 300,000 member families. It is an independent, non-governmental organization. The membership is mainly composed of farm families in rural communities and of people who want Georgia to be agriculturally successful, progressive and prosperous.
The Georgia Farm Bureau state office building is in Macon, a town with a metro population of nearly 400,000 located about an hour south of Atlanta. The Farm Bureau building houses all Georgia Farm Bureau Companies:
- Georgia Farm Bureau Federation
- Ga. Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co.
- Ga. Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Co.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Investment Co.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Holding Co.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Inc.
In addition to these corporate names, the Georgia Farm Bureau family includes other operating entities:
Certified Farm Markets is a program operated by our Georgia Farm Bureau Commodity/Marketing Department which promotes farmer-operated markets and Christmas Tree farms throughout the state.
The Georgia Farm Radio Network, a statewide farm broadcast network, is a joint venture of Georgia Farm Bureau, Inc. and Georgia News Network (GNN) / Clear Channel, Inc. The network, based at GFB, is carried by 59 Georgia radio stations.
The Georgia Farm Monitor is our weekly syndicated ag news television program broadcast throughout Georgia on 13 TV stations and nationally on the RFD-TV and FamilyNet networks, carried by Dish Network, DirecTV and a host of cable systems.
Formed in 1937 by 50 farmers, the Georgia Farm Bureau Federation continues to have a strong grassroots network with 159 county Farm Bureau organizations. Since its inception, the primary, ongoing goal of Farm Bureau is to be a united voice in the legislative arena, to promote farm markets and to provide leadership to Georgia's agricultural community. Farm Bureau is local, state, national and international in scope and influence.
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, English, journalism or a related field
- Professional with a minimum 3 years’ relevant communications experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to translate complex information into clear, strong and compelling messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to a collaborative work environment that stretches across all levels of the organization
- Agriculture, farm, and/or insurance background helpful.
- Working knowledge required with Mac or similar computer programs.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effect, Adobe Audition & other programs in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred.
Occasional travel, some overnight required.
Knowledge of photography including basic understanding of digital cameras.
Valid Georgia Driver’s License required.
The PR/Information Department requires employees to possess excellent interpersonal skills to help maintain relationships with farmers, Farm Bureau members, government officials, researchers and other professionals encountered in the course of this job.