The Media Manager leads media strategy and planning for WES’s university partner marketing initiatives through strong collaboration with various stakeholders. The Media Manager must partner with management, peers, different functional groups, and appropriate advertising agencies to ensure business objectives are met across the portfolio. This person should be able to coordinate and direct internal and external teams to achieve business goals. In this role, the Media Manager will also provide mentorship and guidance to both Associate Media Managers and Media Coordinators. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of multi-channel media planning including, but not limited to: search engine optimization, paid search advertising, paid social, and affiliate marketing.
This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented and highly motivated. He/she must possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities, while managing team expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources/groups.
- Working alongside core internal groups and various ad agencies, the Media Manager will develop digital media strategies and deploys tactics designed to drive business performance utilizing the most efficient channels possible with the largest ROI
- Recommends forward thinking strategies and innovations that are scalable and repeatable across tactics, partners, and regions
- Develops digital media strategies that reach and engage qualified audience segments to drive action. This includes working with cross functional groups as well as necessary advertising agencies
- Maintain a strong working relationship with agency partners and publishers to ensure achievement of business financial goals and ROI measures
- Guides, mentors, and teaches Associate Media Managers and Media Coordinators
- Proactively manage the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all marketing metrics against defined performance targets, leveraging data from various data sources (agency reporting, CRM data, etc)
- Review competitive landscape, audience needs and online media trends to provide management with recommendations for best practices and competitive advantages that should be incorporated into media and marketing strategies