Marketing - Internal Communications Specialist
About Advanced Disposal:
Advanced Disposal brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. As the fourth largest solid waste company in the U.S., we provide integrated, non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling and disposal services to residential, commercial, industrial and construction customers across 16 states and the Bahamas. Our team is dedicated to finding effective, sustainable solutions to preserve the environment for future generations.
Marketing - Internal Communications Specialist
Central and Northeast Florida
Ponte Vedra, FL
Advanced Disposal is seeking a smart, responsive, resourceful, problem solver and superior communicator that positions Advanced Disposal as one of the leading solid waste companies in the United States. The selected candidate will provide team members with meaningful and accurate internal communications including collateral, events, and support to reach our vision to be THE industry leader in customer loyalty and employee engagement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Newsletters: Managing editor role including project management and copywriting (monthly and quarterly versions) -- collecting all assets, drafting copy, submitting to our agency, providing creative guidance, reviewing proofs as well as approvals.
- Print Collateral and Electronic Media: Developing creative briefs, providing creative guidance and oversight to our agency for ongoing print and electronic projects for multiple departments and various communication vehicles.
- Merchandising: Research promotional ideas, gather information needed, specifications required, presentation development of information, placing orders and distributing merchandising items to our operating footprint.
- HR Programs: Providing support for internal HR employee recognition programs including but not limited to; employees of the month/year, anniversary pins, certifications and retirement.
- Website/Intranet/Social Media Updating/Online Media Kit: As well as back up support for our social media channels.
- Market Research: Research industry/business and community opportunities (both solid waste specific and general community demographics) in existing and new market areas, which may require travel.
- Local, Regional and National Trade Shows: Plan and support local and field trade shows. In person attendance for set up, execution and break down may be required at times, pending scope of show and available personnel.
- Company & General Event Support: At the direction of the management, plan and coordinate internal events including annual employee of the year celebration and managers' meeting event held annually in Orlando, Fla. It may also include fundraising events.
- Bid/Proposal Writing Support: Researching, editing, packaging and presentation support to bid proposal manager and municipal marketing team, if needed.
- Sales Support: Development, refinement and project management of tools utilized by the operations, sales and customer care teams.
- Video Filming: Utilizing in-house video and lighting equipment, film, download/upload to our agency/video producer and/or edit (pending experience) of various needed segments including the monthly Curbside Chat with Richard and other specialized video needs. Filming and creative direction support also provided by marketing communications management.
- Administrative Support: General organization, marketing cube inventory, invoice review, reconciliation and processing and as needed support to marketing communications management.
- Other: Perform additional tasks that may be identified during the course of employment as necessary to the success of positively marketing Advanced Disposal.
- Draft and edit company-wide correspondence that could be emailed and/or included in various announcements, releases and/or executive communications.
- Process invoices for department via PeopleSoft and set up vendors and process invoices in PeopleSoft for the department.
- Maintain and update Home/Marketing/Sales pages of the Advanced Disposal Intranet @Adi.
- Maintain company databases and core documents, which includes working in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Sharepoint platforms among other CRM products.
- Manage, evaluate and present sponsorship program opportunities the corporate office is presented with to senior and executive management.
- Collect, organize and track charitable donation database.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, organized and self-starter.
- Excellent communicator that is responsive and a creative thinker.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal skills.
- Digital/Social Media: Google Analytics, Microsoft CRM, Click Dimensions, Linked-In, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Slide Share, Cision, etc.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Research-oriented with strong analytical skills is preferred.
- Experience with wire services is a plus.
- Education: Four year degree from college or university, marketing communications preferred.
- Years of Experience: 5-8 years of related experience.
- Medium to large company corporate experience is preferred.
- Public company experience is preferred.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, calculator and networked scanner/copier.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) experience is preferred, but not required.
- Trade show portable booths and pop-up banners.
- Laminating machine.
- DSLR camera and tripod.
- Lightweight video recording equipment including LED lighting, HD camera etc.
- Usual office environment.
- Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Occasional morning, evening and weekend events.
- May require travel to area businesses, multiple sites including transfer stations and/or landfills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone.