For more than 60 years Blum has been manufacturing superior quality hinge systems, drawer runners, and lift systems that create emotion and enhance user convenience in the kitchen. With every product, we strive to develop solutions to ensure that cabinet doors and drawers open with ease, close softly and effortlessly, and make workflow and everyday kitchen use easier.
Over the decades our product range has grown and so has the company. Today, Blum has seven production plants in Austria, and manufacturing sites in Brazil, Poland and the United States. Approximately 7200 Blum employees all over the world concentrate on the vision of “perfecting motion” to satisfy the specific requirements of the end user, whether it is in the kitchen or in another living area of the home. This prerequisite is the source of all our product development and innovation.
Ideally, having an Associate’s Degree in a design related field and at least 2 years of experience as a Desktop Publisher producing company specific catalogs, brochures, leaflets and product bulletins will help you take on these new and challenging assignments. Prior experience working in the kitchen cabinet industry and associated markets is helpful.
Additional requirements for this position include:
- Undergraduate degree related to desktop publishing preferred
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques including websites and digital media
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical drawings
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite software with proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications and strong computer skills
- Experience working with proprietary materials a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Strong organizational and time management skills and an ability to establish priorities
- Enjoy learning the various technical specifications of a diverse product offering
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team atmosphere
- Strong focus and attention to detail with a keen eye for consistency and high standard of excellence
- Resourceful when searching for answers and solutions
- Ability and willingness to learn new software
- Enjoys being and working with others (individual or group settings)
- Finds it easy to adjust one’s behavior in order to deal effectively with other people
- Handles rejection and accepts criticism in a manner which is positive and growth oriented
- Modifies one’s approach in response to changing circumstances or the input/feedback of others