Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates over 5,200 stores, over 100 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned Carquest branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 74,000 Team Members.
Advance Auto Parts works hard to create an environment of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since our founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed.
- Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member.
- Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed.
- Grow the business and profitability with integrity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience with online content and social media, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment.
- Thorough understanding of project/product life cycle.
- Customer service oriented mind frame.
- Prior functional experience with social media and/or content management software.
- Able to effectively organize large amounts of information/data.
- Ability to work with IT, QA and Business team members to ensure business requirements are launched successfully and the needs of the customer are met.
- Powerful advocate for advancing projects with team work and cross functional collaboration.
- Very organized and detail orientated.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively cross functionally with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent organizational characteristics and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE;
- B.A or B.S. degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field; and 3-5 years experience with marketing and content related programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with content management systems, social media, graphics and SEO preferred.
- None immediately, but in future, could manage additional project team members or contractors.