The Miami Music Festival is a summer intensive for pre-professional singers and instrumentalists. Running from June 1 through July 30, 2017 in Miami, Florida, MMF encompasses institutes in opera, orchestra, piano, and conducting, a Career Institute, and a professional-level Wagner Institute. MMF attracts young professional artists and highly talented students from the top conservatories and music schools, who come to Miami to study with acclaimed faculty and guest artists, and to perform in four fully-staged operas, four symphonic programs, and an array of student recitals, opera aria evenings, and other performances. The majority of MMF events are ticketed and open to the public. MMF takes place on the campus of Barry University, in North Miami Shores, and presents events in other venues across the Miami area.
The Marketing and PR Manager is responsible for managing MMF’s marketing and communications efforts, including the production of print and electronic advertising and collateral materials specific to promotion of ticket sales, concert attendance, fundraising, engagement programs and other external relationships.
The Marketing and PR Manager is a team player who is responsible and accountable for attracting audiences and ensuring that all sales strategies and avenues of communication and advertising are actively exploited for maximum exposure and event attendance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in a performing arts organization, preferably in the classical music field
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MS Office, Constant Contact, and other online marketing platforms
- Skill in time and work-flow management, and ability to prioritize multiple overlapping projects
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a fast-paced work environment
The Marketing and PR Manager reports to the Artistic Director and Founder, and supervises a minimum of two interns.
This position is seasonal: part time before June 1, full time June 1 through July 31. The majority of essential functions are performed in an office setting, with some walking and light lifting required. The position requires full-time residence in Miami from June 1 through July 31, and availability for evening and weekend work including concert attendance.