- Bachelor's Degree in Communications/Marketing/English or related field preferred, or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Marketing and/or Communications or PR capacity with web and print experience preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms and their functionality (Optimize news releases for search engines & social media consumption.)
- Basic graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite preferred).
- Familiarity with any online content management systems (WordPress, Constant Contact, HTML)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite.
- Outstanding attention to detail: a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral communication skills, interpersonal and social skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Strong organizational & problem-solving skills (ability to plan, schedule and organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work).
- Willingness to take initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The employee must have the ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
Administrative environment (occasionally, on-site event environment).