Manager - Employee Engagement and Programs
What started as a humble, little aerial crop dusting operation called Huff Daland Dusters in 1924 has now grown into one of the world’s largest global airlines, helping more than 160 million travelers get to the places they want to go to each year.
Manager - Employee Engagement and Programs
Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
The Manager - Employee Engagement and Programs is responsible for Airport Customer Service and Cargo (ACS/CGO) strategic and tactical direction initiatives within areas of positive employee engagement. This position directs, communicates and engages the tenets of Delta's "Guiding Principles" with leaders at all levels across the division.
- Engage with front line leaders and employees to help foster understanding of all Delta initiatives and processes.
- Develop and support training to ensure understanding of employee issues and support direct relationship with all ACS/CGO employees.
- Support and guide ACS/CGO leadership, Employee Engagement Team, FIT Team, and the ACS/CGO Employee Engagement Core Team in developing, implementing and supporting initiatives which will positively impact a division of more than 23,000 employees and leaders worldwide.
- Direct the strategy for the divisional Ready Reserve program, which accounts for approximately 9,000 employees system-wide; including coordination and implementation of all divisional programs to include employee programs, coordination with cross-divisional Ready Reserve groups, and the organizational Ready Reserve communication strategy.
- Provide feedback to senior division leadership on all relevant items related to positive employee relations.
- Develop both strategic and tactical plans that create an employee-conscious environment resulting in employee understanding of key corporate initiatives in alignment with the Delta published Flight plan.
- Utilize "The Rules of the Road" to promote the Delta culture, lead and mentor ACS/CGO leaders and frontline employees while supporting our open door policy and Delta culture.
- Manage a budget, yearly planning, and support of yearly employee surveys.
- Assist in the enhancement of ACS/CGO Leadership Development Programs.
- Lead initiatives to support the orientation and development of ACS/CGO frontline leaders.
- Collaborate with Delta Legal and HR departments to ensure all related communication are clearly understood and applicable, and supports ACS/CGO Communications Manager to ensure published communications are relevant to ACS/CGO audience.
- Partner with cross divisional employee engagement groups to ensure alignment of strategy, activities and messaging.
- Keep safety as the number one priority.
- Develops both strategic & tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety & well-being.
- Four year college degree required plus
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Must have proven leadership skills, and possess a high level understanding of ACS/CGO systems and processes for communicating corporate and division policy and procedures.
- Proven leadership skills with experience leading teams.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of frontline operational and working environment is highly recommended.
- Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications and able to produce concise, relevant, strategically-driven documents and presentations for senior leaders and navigate complex situations.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex processes within cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner.
- Must be able to function effectively in a high stress environment and accomplish multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks, proactively seek data and create action plans to appropriately mitigate risks.
- The ability to lead, communicate and influence a diverse group of leaders and front-line employees and support a 24/7 communication window within a broad scope of responsibility in a complex division and base environment.
- The ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and work multi-divisionally.
- Must be able to develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time.