Internal Communications Coordinator
Florida Hospital Medical Group
More than 500 board-certified physicians, 200+ Advanced Practice Providers, and 1,500 clinical and support staff in over 40 specialties provide patients with a broad range of medical and surgical services. FHMG operates over 160 offices, providing compassionate, multidisciplinary care to more than one million patients a year. FHMG is affiliated with Florida Hospital and is a subsidiary of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care system in the nation, supporting 43 hospitals in 10 states. In existence since 1994, FHMG (originally known as Florida Physicians Medical Group) has demonstrated consistent growth and stability in an ever-changing health care market.
Internal Communications Coordinator
Central and Northeast Florida
The Internal Communications Coordinator, reporting to the Internal Communications Manager, provides support on various departmental and organizational projects and ensures that Florida Hospital Medical Group (FHMG) employees receive regular educational and informative messages via various communication outlets. This position assists in the development of messaging to different audiences and the production of materials to promote FHMG.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development, ongoing maintenance and copy updates for the FHMG Intranet site, as well as ensuring all departments adhere to FHMGs intranet strategy, policies and goals.
- Assists with creating editorial calendar and managing content for the Intranet, social media and printed internal communication, such as weekly Leadership Brief, Connections Central, Employee E-Newsletter and Quarterly Provider Newsletter. Writes and prepares internal communications such as newsletters, Intranet content, social media postings and emails that properly relay messaging to employees.
- Analyzes web tracking data to optimize intranet performance and usability.
- Monitors results and effectiveness and tests various communication methods to determine the most effective strategy for employees and providers.
- Conducts intranet audits to ensure adherence to best practices. Keeps abreast of trends regarding intranet best practices, usability and web standards. Helps implement best practice findings.
- Develops and executes complex intranet projects and strategic initiatives in conjunction with the web project team.
- Works closely with the Internal Communications Manager to support FHMG Leadership Team as the internal voice of the FHMG staff for communication of key strategic and business goals. Serves as a point person for employees to share ideas for special announcements, newsletters and philanthropic initiatives and messaging to adhere to and strengthen the FHMG mission, values, goals and objectives; using the following mediums as needed: Online Communications, Print Materials, Video Production, Interactive Multimedia Development.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong writing, organization, interpersonal communications, and computer skills
- Knowledge of communication software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop or similar software applications)
- Knowledge of developing web content
- Ability to work well and appropriately across all organization levels and to tailor messages for a variety of audiences
- Ability to assist in event creation and implementation
- Ability to express ideas clearly, logically and in an organized fashion
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented and able to work both independently and in a group setting
- Ability to follow through on objectives
- Ability to identify opportunities for employee engagement through creative storytelling and event development
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Some proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of AP writing style
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- One to two years related work experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field
Our competitive benefits cover:
Health and Wellness:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance
- Cancer and Specified Diseases Plan
- Paid Days Off
- Creation Health Employee Program
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Wellness Screenings
FINANCIAL Tools and Plans:
- Educational Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union
- Adopt a Family
- Backpacks for Kids
- Mission Trips
- Blood Drives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Various Onsite Services and Amenities
- Spiritual Ambassadors
- Service Awards