This position is responsible fordesigning, managing and creating, from concept phase to final, all graphic communications, both print and digital, to support marketing, sales, content, and operations for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex including static and digital signage, exhibit components, marketing collateral materials, direct marketing, web graphics, email graphics, promotional items, event support materials, and special projects.
Plays a major role in the production and installation of graphic and exhibit components including digital graphic printing and mounting, and component fabrication and installation.
- Creates aesthetically pleasing designs, concepts and sample layouts based on art direction and brand guidelines for use in on-property signage, exhibit and marketing materials and outbound marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with marketing team on the creation, trafficking and archival of all print and electronic marketing, collateral materials such as brochures, magazines, newsletters, ads, renderings, photography, etc.
- Collaboration with the content and exhibits teams to create design elements that will be produced and fabricated and installed as part of the Visitor Complex's permanent and temporary graphic, exhibits, digital media, building signage and signage for programs.
- Participates actively in a team environment planning and implementing - requiring collaboration with curators, educators, museum exhibition and support staff and contracted vendors, fabrication companies and craftsmen. Requires a considerable amount of image research across several NASA and other space industry resources.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to provide design support in online design elements, social media design and layout, as well as create compelling email templates for marketing campaigns.
- Helps maintain relationships with and collaborates on projects between agencies and vendors who provide marketing support – advertising agency, digital agency, signage vendors, printers, etc.
- Provides design, re-design and/or implementation of branding and identity solutions for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Helps monitor brand usage across the visitor complex maintaining consistency in brand identity – color palette, font choices, photography and imagery style, voice, etc.
- Collaborates with team on the design and development of presentations (PowerPoint, Adobe PDF)
- Utilizes all aspects of the pre-press process to prepare files for offset and digital printing. Review printers proof and attend press checks to ensure quality execution of all materials.
- Assist in the shooting of both photography and video, when necessary. Moderate video editing and the uploading and adjustment for appropriate marketing formats. Uploading and adjustment of photography for all marketing formats.
- Acts as Graphic asset manager - catalogs, manages and stores all graphic marketing collateral, signage and advertising in company electronic filing system.