Polen Capital is a global independently-owned growth equity boutique, led by an experienced team of investment professionals who are committed to preserving and growing the assets of our clients through a prudent and disciplined long-term investment approach.
Since 1989, our focus has been identifying, monitoring and investing in only the highest quality growth businesses. Our prudent strategy is focused, first of all, on identifying innovative businesses that offer the greatest potential for sustainable, above-average earnings growth. From that select universe, we cull the few businesses that we believe possess the financial strength to weather the economic cycles with the least amount of market volatility.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing based in our Boca Raton, Florida office who will be responsible for developing and executing strategies for the Firm’s marketing efforts. This role will have overall (global) leadership of our Marketing Team with responsibility and strategic direction for our brand, marketing collateral, RFP responses to existing and prospective clientele across multiple channels, and day-to-day workflow of marketing team. The Director of Marketing reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The core responsibility of this position is to advance the global marketing efforts of the Firm across our Institutional, Intermediary and Direct lines of business, with the goal of expanding and solidifying Polen Capital’s presence in the marketplace as a leader in high conviction growth investing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The roles & responsibilities include the following:
Build the Polen Capital brand and expand the value proposition.
- Define key message and tenets of the Polen brand
- Create a 3-5 year brand strategy to evolve from a large cap growth boutique to a broader equity growth provider
- Ensure every client interaction supports the brand (e.g. office space, pitchbooks, client reports, website, etc.)
- Develop and execute a plan to communicate brand positioning in target segments by identifying preferred forums and communication channels
- Effectively articulate the Firm’s value proposition in the marketplace through mediums such as advertising, presentations, product campaigns, thought leadership, road shows and conferences.
- Lead the teams that plan and execute Firm corporate and charity events
- Assess marketing resource requirements and fill gaps
- Broaden thought leadership to reposition Polen as a multi-capability growth manager
- Create a digital strategy roadmap with the Analytics and Distribution teams to reach and support financial advisors and other relevant prospects
- Work with PR firm(s) to develop a press strategy
Partner with the Technology team to define required systems and infrastructure to support client interactions.
- Prioritize key client touchpoints for Marketing content
- Work with the Technology team to determine systems and infrastructure required to support critical client touchpoints
- Review and assess current IT applications and services to identify key gaps
- Prioritize investments in systems and infrastructure aligned with key client experience initiatives
- Assess resource requirements to deliver and maintain IT applications and services
- Implement systems and infrastructure to improve client experience
- Continue updating systems, applications and infrastructure, based on trends in technology and client servicing
Expand thought leadership to support a broader brand and product set through clear thought leadership objectives.
- Identify the target client base
- Develop thematic content aligned with buyer preferences/interests and determine its role in the sales and service cycle
- Create a dedicated cross-functional thought leadership team to vet and prioritize topics
- Strive for a mix of broader investment topics and product level insights
- Support the firm’s investment capabilities with thought leadership
- Maximize impact with coordinated launch and follow up campaigns (e.g. website, webcast, roadshows)
Institutionalize onboarding and enhance client reporting.
- Leverage digital outreach as primary communication method for non-prioritized segments
- Invest in technology infrastructure to support custom delivery options tied to client preferences
- Create a formal client feedback loop to enable the Firm to assess impact and effectiveness of content, messaging and services
- Assess opportunities to enhance critical aspects of client engagement in prioritized segments