Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive PR plan designed to increase awareness of the Water Mission brand locally, nationally and internationally.
Lead PR/communications efforts during a Water Mission disaster response designed to create awareness about and generate funds for the effort.
Write stories that communicate the impact that Water Mission is making around the world.
Cultivate and work closely with key media influencers, reporters, journalists and editors and pitch news releases and stories.
Provide strategic oversight over all communications and marketing activities including:
- Acquisitions of marketing assets including stories from the field, videos and photography and coordinate the use of these assets in development efforts
- Creation of communications and marketing materials such as the Annual Report, brochures, impact reports, etc.
- Messaging and content creation, ensuring the accuracy of information included in development and marketing campaigns (which consist of direct mail, email, web and social marketing elements)
- Social media activity aimed at driving constituent growth
- Website updates including new content and functional improvements
Develop short and long-range plans and budgets for all PR/communications programs and activities and evaluate success of programs.
Keep informed of developments in the area of PR/communications and nonprofit efforts especially related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
- Purpose, Principles, and Values: Encourages others to base their decisions and actions on the organizations’ purpose, principles, and values, uses purpose, principles, and values to explain personal motivations and decisions to others.
- Decisiveness: Makes decisions in a timely manner when the options and consequences are clear, takes charge of a group when it is necessary to facilitate either action or a decision
- Stress Management: Remains calm under pressure, expresses emotions in ways that relieve stress without damaging relationships and productivity.
- Motivates Others: Promptly recognizes and tackles morale problems, uses a variety of approaches to energize and inspire others.
- Results Orientation: Sets stretch goals, strives to achieve goals, develops standards against which to measure behavior and performance