Director, Market Strategy
We’ve been there for you in the past, providing health care for more than 60 years. We’re here for you today and in days to come, with our ongoing commitment to quality. And we share this tradition and commitment by reaching out to your community, and promoting health and wellness for all.
Director, Market Strategy
Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Responsible for developing, leading & executing market & product strategies that result in sustained, profitable membership growth for all market segments w/in KP's Georgia Region. Works as a Sr marketing & product strategist in the region & works closely w/local MSBD leadership, Sr departmental leaders, TSPMG leaders & other key Nat'l leaders to assess market development opportunities & execute agreed upon strategies & programs.
- Leads rigorous processes to develop market strategies to support sustained, profitable growth across all market segments in the region to include: Individual & Family Plan, Small, Mid, Large, Nat-l Accounts, Medicare, FEHB, Bridge & Charitable Health Care Lines of Business. Serve as expert in all business lines & provide overview across the company's entire portfolio of business lines. Drive consistent & performance based marketing strategies for the business as a whole. Line of Business Strategy takes into account Product, Pricing, Promotion, & Distribution strategies & requires strong collaborative leadership to achieve an actionable marketing plan.
- Creates & leads processes to monitor progress against plan & leads the development of plans to address gaps & variances. Determines & evaluates opportunities in all market segments across the region. Generates & sustains enthusiasm across multidisciplinary teams to fully realize the optimal value of developing opportunities. Leads the overall effort, ensures that plans are consistent, accurate, & achievable.
- Establishes growth & profitability forecasts for all primary segments working w/sales & finance leadership. Provides extensive, on-going analysis to assure that the growth & sales forecasts are sound & consistent w/enterprise-wide objectives. Incorporates relevant assumptions concerning br&, price, product, promotion & market positioning relative to all significant competitors.
- Oversight for the development, implementation & on-going Mgmt of all products across the region, leveraging Nat-l Product Mgmt resources as appropriate. Maintains a clear product development & Mgmt plan that includes the product coordination through cross-departmental teams. Coordinates these activities closely w/PO marketing & product leadership including KPIC to optimize resource leveraging opportunity. Communicates product development & Mgmt priorities, product performance measures, frequently & clearly across Reg-l leadership.
- Is responsible for staff in Strategic Market Planning function, a team of Line of Business Dir & Segment Mrgs who develop & execute strategic plans, by business line which address profitability & membership growth consisted w/overall company objectives. Is responsible over product development Mrgs & Dir of Medicare Sales.
- Is responsible for timely contractual compliance for all product & benefit filings consistent w/all federal, state & local regulatory requirements. Manages a thorough process to execute & track the filing of all required documentation. Works closely w/Reg-l & Nat-l legal/compliance leadership on a continual basis to assure accuracy & consistency. Ensures that all aspects of product development, implementation & on-going Mgmt activities are consistent w/all federal, state & local regulatory requirements.
- Establishes a process for gathering & analyzing competitive marketplace data that is continually evolving. Provides periodic updates to the Reg-l MSBD VP & other Reg-l leaders regarding leading marketplace indicators & other external competitive measures.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive health care industry experience with emphasis on Marketing and/or Product Development.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
- Experience in financial analysis and market research.
- Experience in the development and successful execution of healthcare marketing strategies and new product development required.
- Master's degree in business, marketing, health care administration or related field.
License, Certification, Registration:
- Demonstrated track record of successful staff development, and proven track record of achieving objectives through leadership. Proven track record in healthcare marketing management required.
- Ability to articulate a clear vision, map and communicate an efficient and timely path toward the execution of that vision, motivate others toward the successful realization of that vision required.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization and project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.