Corporate Communications Specialist
Cardinal Innovations Healthcare
Cardinal Innovations Healthcare is the country’s largest specialty health plan, serving more than 850,000 individuals with complex needs. Cardinal Innovations pioneered this unique managed care model in North Carolina, which relies on strong community partnerships with providers and stakeholders to provide person-centered care.
We are committed to ensuring the best outcomes for our members and their families.
Corporate Communications Specialist
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Corporate Communications Specialist is an integral member of the Corporate Communications team. This individual contributor role relies on marketing and communications skills and background in order to provide targeted support for corporate communications departmental functions and programs. Additionally, the success for this role relies on a high degree of effective, customer-focused interpersonal skills for working with team members, internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Corporate Communications Specialist is responsible for (though not limited to):
- Communications Program and Organizational Support – provide technical support for those programs developed by Corporate Communications management, in partnership with all team members in addition to providing comprehensive support to assigned individuals and the organization as a whole.
- Content Support – at the direction of department leadership, will update materials, brochures and manuals, and ensure that they are appropriately disseminated throughout the organization.
- Market Research – gathers and interprets industry and competitive intelligence as well as broad market trends to improve the teams’ strategic and tactical decision making.
- Event Management - manage events and conferences; prepare in advance and support materials; assist with organization of event logistics, event budget and communication planning.
- Intranet Management - Oversees the integration of department-specific information and tools. Coordinates the efforts of departmental content creators to ensure the consistency of look and messaging.
- Vendor Management – assists in representing the department with third-party vendors; at the direction of department leadership, may source contractors for events or other department activities.
- Financial Administration – Responsible for tracking and forecasting of department budget and expenditures in compliance with all internal financial controls. Reviews and processes all vendor invoices as well as executes vendor contracts/statements of work.
- Reporting – responsible for creating and maintaining required departmental reports, as assigned.
- Surveys – will prepare, deliver and roll up survey data for the organization.
- Other Administrative – will assist with other departmental administrative functions such as management of communications mailboxes, team schedule and other duties as assigned.
This position is a developing professional level and will work autonomously at times as well as receive periodic guidance and supervision from Corporate Communications leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A marketing and communications background to include skillsets which are contemporary in practice and technologies.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task effectively and utilize organizational knowledge to deliver accurate and timely support consistent with established objectives.
- Customer Service and Collaboration – commitment to a collaborative, partnering approach. Presents a positive image and represents the organization in a professional manner during all in all interactions with internal and external customers. Must be able to interpret management directions, recognize and respect limits of authority and responsibility, and work effectively with persons with diverse perspectives.
- Change Agility - ability to nimbly adapt and adjust through change while adhering to time-sensitive deliverables; as well as recognize need for innovation and creative approach.
- Self-starter who is resourceful and can draw on out-of-the box solutions. Ability to work in a self-directed manner, provide timely responses to competing requests, organize and prioritize effectively.
- Exercises exceptional judgment and discretion regarding information which may be confidential, material and/or non-public
- Demonstrates highly collaborative and cooperative partnership behaviors in all interactions with internal and external customers. Presents a positive image and represents the organization in a professional manner during all communications and is strong in customer service skills. In addition is expected to be expected to provide a proactive and collaborative approach for supporting departmental projects and managing daily department activities.
- Must be familiar with the organization’s overall strategy and be able to prioritize work accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle multiple needs and priorities, and have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; and experience creating documents, forms, graphs, etc. is required.
Required Training and Education:
- Bachelors’ degree required. Major which is specific to this role, such as communications or marketing, is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of professional-level experience in a similar marketing and communications role; including skills and background in social media communications and event management.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative and team based environment while working with organizational complexity and change.