Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates over 5,200 stores, over 100 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned Carquest branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 74,000 Team Members.
Advance Auto Parts works hard to create an environment of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since our founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed.
- Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member.
- Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed.
- Grow the business and profitability with integrity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with PC basics, Macintosh computers and design-related programs is a plus
- Experience with various Content Management Systems is a plus
- Experience with online proofing software is a plus
- Familiarity with various styles of writing, including digital content
- Strong leadership skills to work closely with internal departments and vendors
- Industry experience with advertising agencies, design groups, in-house design groups (retail and corporate)
- Experience in overseeing branding efforts with large companies
- Ability to organize and maintain multiple jobs (both print and digital) simultaneously in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is required
- Demonstrated portfolio experience, must include digital content samples
- Demonstrated ability to create materials that drive customer experience and sales results
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in creating various types of digital content, including emails, website content, blogs, articles, etc.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Membership in National Advertising or Design organizations preferred.