Content Marketer & Staff Writer
Landstar System, Inc. is a worldwide asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to abroad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity owners and employees.
Content Marketer & Staff Writer
Central and Northeast Florida
Our corporate communications department is looking for an experienced content marketer to round-out our team and work closely with the social media/staff writer, senior graphics designer, and corporate communications director to create and measure effective online content. The ideal candidate is a multi-tasker and team player who loves analyzing what works and connecting the dots; thrives at turning a two-page print story into six months of online content; can juggle hundreds of websites at one time; and isn’t intimated by numbers, graphs and charts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and develop concepts for online content and digital marketing campaigns, which may include white papers, case studies and byline articles.
- Spearhead analysis, review and reports on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results, including tracking and reporting website traffic, leads generated, and social media engagement.
- Develop original content from companywide resources for corporate websites, landing pages, blogs, etc.
- Manage content and measurement for sponsored third-party industry online properties, such as online magazines, e-newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Proactively follow and identify trends in the industry on which to capitalize within our owned and earned media.
- Assist in content creation for all the brand’s social channels which include, but are not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Develop brand awareness, and refine and evolve the advertising plan to generate inbound traffic and cultivate potential independent sales agents and owner-operators.
- Manage, review and approve individual agent websites, which number in the hundreds.
- Conduct writing assignments as needed, including company memos, brochure copy, website updates, video scripts, multimedia presentations, and event scripts.
- Provide communications support and expertise to other departments, as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers for the purposes of enhancing and protecting Landstar’s corporate reputation.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, social media insights and other analysis tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its related software.
- Experience in digital content curation and content marketing.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in public relations, communications, advertising, journalism or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum three to five years’ work experience in content marketing, public relations, advertising copywriting, corporate communications or related field.
- Experience is flexible depending on the candidate’s related skill sets.
- Transportation logistics, manufacturing or B2B background preferred.
Landstar also offers healthcare and dental insurance, pet insurance, paid vacation and flexible time, and company-match 401k retirement plans.