Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Ability to write creatively and for multiple types of audiences. Excellent communication skills including verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to demonstrate political savvy.
Ability to effectively facilitate multiple projects and issues simultaneously and to meet deadlines and be responsive. Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision making skills. Ability to maintain composure and clarity of thought and purpose when confronted with highly stressful situation. Ability to effectively analyze and identify problems and create a resolution.
Customer Service Ability:
Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, and delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to work independently and take direction. Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Power Point and Excel) and other general office equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of BS/BA/BBA required; 3 – 5 years of relevant job experience in journalism, public relations, and/or marketing or a related field.
- Inventive, creative writer and editor with the ability to motivate people and inspire consumer action.
- Excellent written, proofreading, fact checking and oral communication skills.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, advanced expertise in AP style.
- Has a passionate opinion on the Oxford comma.
- Strong editing for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy and readability across digital and print materials.
- Understanding of basic project management and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, fervent work ethic and independent.
- Strong understanding of the CRVA’s goals and objectives.
- Able to perform and excel within an integrated, fast-paced team environment.
- Must be proactive and results-oriented.
- Proven skill in using digital/social media to connect with stakeholders through compelling messages and stories.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating previous writing expertise is a must.
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization practices and techniques.