VHB’s growing Raleigh, NC team is looking for a Communications Specialist to join our Safety team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
VHB’s Safety Practice works nationally with federal, state, and local governments to improve roadway safety for all users. Projects include low-cost roadway safety improvements; safety plans including Strategic Highway Safety Plans, Pedestrian Safety Action Plans, and Vision Zero; reference guides for state and local practitioners; and tools for communicating research into practice (e.g., PowerPoint presentations, online videos, articles).
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify key concepts and essential points of a larger, technical document and prepare shorter documentation (e.g., tech brief, poster) to summarize the information
- Ability to work with multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience writing, editing or developing communication products
- Experience with Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator) preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Additional skills such as GIS, meeting facilitation, or website design would be beneficial in a candidate
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.