About Navy Federal Credit Union:
Since 1933, Navy Federal has grown from seven members to over 6 million members. And since that time, our vision statement has remained focused on serving our unique field of membership:
"Be the most preferred and trusted financial institution serving the military and their families."
You can leave the military, change employers, move, retire, get married—and never have to leave Navy Federal. "Once a member, always a member."
1. Develops and manages the internal communications for large-scale company events and initiatives, including Employer of Choice programs.
- Creates, writes, and produces timely internal communications (e.g., Management Fact Sheets, eGrams, flyers, brochures, pamphlets) to inform and motivate management and employees while ensuring consistent messaging and organizational vision
- Collaborates with Human Resources, Marketing, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, and other business area colleagues to ensure internal communications are consistent with external messaging and current policies and procedures
- Writes scripts and remarks to support Navy Federal events (such as PIP payout announcements, Annual Navy Federal Gala, Annual Awards) and collaborates with the Multimedia Team/Design team on audiovisual campaign components
- Provides editorial content for Navy Federal’s intranet site and Navy Federal Online
- Maintains a uniform editorial style to support the Navy Federal brand and guiding principles
2. Serves as business unit client consultant and liaison for internal communication projects.
- Develops cohesive communication strategies for important company-wide initiatives to produce effective, timely deliverables
- Consults and collaborates with clients and stakeholders across the organization to build relationships and provide guidance to effectively plan, compose, and manage the preparation, design, production, and distribution of a wide variety of employee communications
- Counsels clients by recommending the most effective and efficient communication tactics and tools for messages that deliver accurate, timely, and high-quality products to audience segments
- Develops project management timelines and action plans to ensure that project and campaign deliverables are met
3. Works with internal partners and vendors to support various high-profile projects.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends to senior leaders the national and regional programs that best support Navy Federal’s strategic plan to be recognized as an “Employer of Choice”
- Writes and manages the complete application process for national and regional “Best Places To Work” recognition programs, including query requests, communications to encourage employee survey response, and liaison with Navy Federal’s marketing team and regional contacts
- Analyzes and interprets results from the annual Employee Engagement Survey and other national and regional surveys and recognition programs to support Employer of Choice recognition efforts
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Applies subject matter expertise of practices, processes, and systems related to the activities of the section
- Collaborates with various internal and external contacts and exercises discretion to resolve more complex problems
- Conducts analyses, develops alternative courses of action, and makes recommendations that have moderate to significant impact
- Leads projects of moderate to significant impact
- Trains and serves as a resource/guide to lower level staff and acts as the Supervisor in the incumbent’s absence
- Works independently with limited supervision
- Serves as Supervisor, Employee Communications in the absence of the incumbent