1. Coordinate content for marketing communications including internet and social media, printed communications, electronic communications, community events mass media and video. This includes collecting content from advancement and program staff, seeking out and writing stories, editing, and organization. Media types include but may not be limited to:
- Seek out story and content ideas
- Maintain calendar of events for photography, story ideas, interviews, press releases, social media, etc.
- Create e-mail newsletters and campaigns
- Manage updates for internal and external website
- Coordinate evolving social media initiatives
2. Manage multi-media projects:
- Assist advancement and program staff in photography of on-campus and off-campus activities and events.
- Maintain photo library archives and photo backups
- Manage photo release process and files
- Assist with video production and project management
3. Assist with all Public Relations and mission advocacy efforts:
- Distribute press releases and advocacy letters
- Establish and maintain relationships with media
- Follow up with media as directed by Communications Manager
- Maintain press clippings library
4. Assist with development, design and production of all communication materials:
- Make minor changes in template files created in Word, PowerPoint, InDesign and Illustrator
- Maintain samples archive of all communication efforts
- Ensure that Thornwell branding is consistent across all materials and mediums
- Place orders for materials via online resources, track orders and distribute materials
- Complete analysis forms and documents, and maintain files
- Use dye sublimation equipment (printer, heat press, etc.) to produce name tags, plaques, and other items
5. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Communications Manager or Vice President of Mission Advancement including gift entry and general administrative work.
Works in office setting with occasional travel.Uses office equipment including computers. May sit for extended periods of time. Required to work daytime, and occasional evening and weekend hours (with some overnight travel). Required to use personal car and will be reimbursed at the agency standard rate.