- 4-year communication, marketing, or journalism degree or relevant experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Must be able to translate technical information into clear communications for a general audience.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of basic communication and marketing functions.
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are a plus, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- A wide degree of creativity, flexibility and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media
- Marketing and/or product development experience in the carpet industry desired.
Although our highly-distributed workforce can be found around the globe, Shaw Contract is based out of Cartersville, Georgia and construction is underway on our new highly-sustainable, world-class Create Centre facility, which will be home to product development and marketing for our commercial division, demonstrating our commitment to hiring the best talent. We hire humble, collaborative and ambitious people and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Shaw Contract is the commercial design brand for Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a vertically integrated manufacturer that supplies carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile & stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets globally. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, and with manufacturing in the United States, Mexico and China, Shaw is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with more than $4.5 billion in annual sales and 23,000 associates worldwide.
- Innovation: Facilitate Change
- People: Build Trusting Relationships
- Strategy: Deliver Compelling Communications
- Strategy: Plan and Organize