Elon University has built a national reputation as the premier student-centered liberal arts university that values strong relationships between students and their faculty and staff mentors. Elon’s 6,700 students prepare to become the ethical leaders the world needs, putting their knowledge into action on campus, in the community and around the globe. Elon is known for academic excellence across the curriculum, and for experiential learning programs in study abroad, undergraduate research, leadership, interfaith dialogue, civic engagement and community service. Elon is ranked the nation’s #1 master’s-level university for study abroad and is a top-producer of Fulbright Student Scholars and Peace Corps volunteers. U.S. News & World Report recognizes Elon more than any other university in the nation for academic programs that “Focus on Student Success.” More than 425 full-time faculty members teach in six academic units: Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences; the Martha and Spencer Love School of Business; the School of Communications; the School of Education; the School of Health Sciences; and the School of Law. Elon’s four-year graduation rate of 78 percent ranks in the top 10 percent of U.S. private universities. The student-faculty ratio is 12-1, and the average class size is 20. The university’s 636-acre residential campus in the Town of Elon, N.C., is consistently recognized as one of the nation’s finest environments for learning. The Elon Phoenix NCAA Division I athletic program is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association.
General Purpose of Position:
The Marketing and Fan Engagement Assistant will contribute in the marketing and promotional activities for the Elon University Department of Athletics and its 17 varsity athletic teams. This position will play a key role in establishing and creating a fun and exciting game day environment that drives attendance, ticket sales and revenue. This individual will work closely with several groups on and off campus, including: Student Government Association (SGA), Office of Student Involvement, Phoenix Phanatics, and all spirit groups. Additionally, this position will help manage a team of student workers and all marketing operations at home athletic events. Marketing and Fan Engagement Assistant will demonstrate a commitment to NCAA rules compliance and adherence to NCAA regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing and promotional plans for all 17 NCAA Division I varsity sports
- Actively engage with student groups and organizations, such as SGA, Office of Student Involvement, Phoenix Phanatics, and spirit groups
- Drive strategies to increase attendance, ticket sales and revenue at home athletic events and help create a fun and exciting game day environment for fans
- Manage marketing game day operations at home athletic events, including scripts and video board presentations for football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball using the Daktronics Show Control interface.
- Coordinate all in-game sponsorship activations and fulfillments with IMG
- Actively engage key stakeholders such as students, faculty, staff, fans, parents, alumni and community members.
- Assist with all Athletic Department campaigns and branding initiatives
- Assist in the management of student workers and creating the student worker calendar