Rooms To Go
When Rooms To Go opened its first set of doors in 1991, the way people bought furniture was changed forever. Since then, we've grown into America's #1 independent furniture company with the nation's largest furniture inventory. By offering stylish furniture at everyday low prices, original room packages, superior service and fast delivery, today Rooms To Go is America's favorite place to buy furniture.
Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Rooms To Go is growing and we are currently recruiting for an Advertising Analyst. This is an entry level professional position within the Print Advertising department. As the Advertising Analyst, you will be responsible for working with various sources of data to create Print Media buys with both newspapers and shared mail vendors. You will utilize Excel and other tools to develop models for finding and targeting consumers. You will study individual markets to maximize sales and print penetration and make recommendations for media buys. Ideally, the right candidate for this role will continually review internal tools, processes, and work flows to identify and drive forward opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency. There is opportunity for growth with this position by moving from assisting with analytical projects to ultimately managing analytical projects.
- Produces daily/weekly/monthly and ad-hoc reports from internal software systems.
- Develops and reviews data and reports and analyzes information.
- Makes targeted advertising recommendations to the executive team.
- Researches and discovers new publications for both new markets and existing markets.
- Assists in rate negotiations with print advertising vendors.
- Assists other departments as needed on analytical projects including compilation of data, creating spreadsheets or documents to display data or showcase a strategy, creating maps from mapping software, or developing outputs that improve efficiency.
- Master the data analytical software and become the subject matter expert.
- 4-year college degree required in marketing, advertising, or a business or analytically related field
- Excellent computer skills -- advanced Excel proficiency required
- Relevant work experience or internship in related areas
- High attention to detail and accuracy with data
- Problem-solving ability with emphasis on drawing inferences with data
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with all media channels
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey concise strategies and ideas
- Motivation to grow skills to manage analytical projects
- Motivation to research trends and continue to develop knowledge regarding advertising industry