|Company||Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau
|Title||Marketing Data and Research Analyst
The Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau is Durham’s marketing agency, helping draw nearly 10 million tourists and business travelers to our vibrant, eclectic city last year. With growing regional and national interest in Durham as a destination, we’re adding a Marketing Data and Research Analyst to help us measure results and optimize our efforts in bringing business and leisure visitors to our door.
The Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau offers exceptional benefits, including employer-paid insurance premiums for staff, generous retirement contributions, an enviable vacation and holiday allowance, and a great team of coworkers. Plus, you’ll work in a newly-renovated space on Main Street in the heart of downtown Durham and report to DCVB’s Chief Marketing Officer. As Marketing Data and Research Analyst, you can expect a salary in the mid 50s.
Primary Role Objective:
In this new position, the Marketing Data and Research Analyst will contribute to improving performance for the organization by continuously monitoring and analyzing marketing and sales results, helping forecast future market trends, and identifying opportunities for improvement. This person will also serve as project manager and analyst for regular research activities, supervising both primary and secondary research projects.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing, group sales, sports, IT, visitor services, and senior leadership to understand operational objectives, recommend reporting practices, and prioritize needs. Develop, produce and present needed analysis and reports for multiple teams, integrating data from various technology platforms in use.
- Proactively identify insights and opportunities for operational improvements and campaign optimization. In particular, work closely with marketing colleagues and group sales to optimize advertising, email, social media, website, earned media, and lead generation activities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as appropriate.
- Work with external research partners to conduct regularly-recurring studies that provide insights into Durham’s business and leisure visitor habits and trends.
- Periodically evaluate research partners and technology platforms to recommend new opportunities, and manage onboarding and integration for those selected.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data analysis systems to optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Initiate needed improvement activities.
- Advise and assist marketing team in setting up campaigns to track results data capably.
- Oversee email list quality and unsubscribe processes.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong collaboration skills, with ability to work cross-functionally to understand and deliver needed analysis and insights.
- Exceptional critical thinking capabilities to generate hypotheses and assess results.
- Strong ability to turn raw data into meaningful dashboards and visual reports.
- Strong communication skills to present and interpret research and analysis findings.
- Technical expertise in data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (SPSS, SAS).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (market research, economics, computer science, information management, statistics or similar.)
- 3-5 years supporting a team’s marketing data requirements, including working closely on marketing campaign optimization.
- Experience with Google Analytics, an email or automation platform, and a CRM system required.
- Successful experience assessing organizational reporting needs and developing and producing insightful reports with recommendations for improvement.
- Hands-on experience using Hubspot and Simpleview platforms.
- Sales reporting experience, including lead funnel optimization support.
- SQL experience
- Successful project management experience overseeing the work of external research partners. Durham resident.
|Compensation & Benefits||