|Company||Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
|Title||Digital Content Writer
About Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center:
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a nationally recognized academic medical center and health system based in Winston-Salem, NC.
The institution comprises Wake Forest School of Medicine, a leading center for medical education and research; Wake Forest Baptist Health, the integrated clinical structure; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries. Clinical facilities include North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Brenner Children’s Hospital, and a network of affiliated community hospitals, physician practices, outpatient services and other medical facilities.
The Medical Center has been ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report since 1993. It holds the coveted Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission and has achieved Magnet status, the nation’s highest nursing recognition.
Becker’s Hospital Review in 2016 named Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to its annual list of “100 Great Hospitals in America.’’ The Becker’s list represents “a compilation of some of the most prominent, forward-thinking and focused health care facilities in the nation.” Wake Forest Baptist was specifically cited for its quality and safety measures. Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center has received a Consumer Choice Award as the top-rated hospital in the Winston-Salem area every year since 1999.
The Digital Content Writer is responsible for the development of informational, marketing and editorial copy for all digital platforms maintained within Communications, Marketing & Media including Web and social media. The Digital Content Writer writes concise, informative and engaging copy that is presented in a format that meets Web usability standards, is search engine optimized and is consistent with the tone and style of the established editorial guidelines. The Digital Content Writer works with Digital Content Managers, subject matter experts and other members of the Communications, Marketing & Media team to research, write and edit various content for Web and social media platforms in a collaborative environment. The Digital Content Writer sources photographs and graphics to accompany written articles and other digital content pieces.
- Conduct research, interview sources and write articles for a wide variety of digital projects, ensuring the writing is done in a succinct, fact-filled way with an engaging and active tone, utilizing search engine optimization techniques, and following the Medical Center's established editorial guidelines.
- As part of a cross-functional team, partner with Web team members to develop content in a collaborative environment.
- Communicate effectively with health care professionals as well as individuals from all levels of the organization and translate scientific work into plain language.
- Create informative and promotional copy for all website and online marketing efforts including repurposed content and original writing.
- Ensure Web content meets Web usability standards.
- Apply search engine optimization techniques to digital content in order to maximize search engine appeal in line with strategic priorities of the Medical Center.
- Source images and artwork, occasionally performing basic image editing or graphic design to complement written articles.
- Create and maintain an institutional digital editorial style guide to ensure a consistent tone and writing format for all digital properties; establish institutional standards for style, tone and quality of Web content as well as a system of governance to see that those standards are met and maintained.
- Ensure content is categorized appropriately and work within the CMS to ensure each piece of content is deployed on the site effectively.
- Work closely with the social media team member(s) to provide editorial style articles, blog posts, Facebook posts, Twitter posts and other types of content that can be utilized for social media.
- Serve as member of the Medical Center Web team and contribute to Web team projects where appropriate.
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field is required.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in writing and editing content for online mediums is required.
- Experience writing in a health care setting is preferred.
- Strong and proven understanding of the special requirements for writing for the web, such as use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity.
- Basic photography and graphic design experience a plus.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: N/A
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Superb organizational, writing, editing and proofreading skills with proven experience writing for the Web
- Good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce variety types of Web content within tight deadlines
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of basic Web production and scripting tools; experience working with a content management system
- Proven ability to work as a team member and interact effectively with personnel at all levels of an organization
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
|Compensation & Benefits||