|Title||Director, Corporate Communications
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
The Director, Corporate Communications is a senior member of the WestRock Communications team, reporting to the chief communications officer. Based at WestRock home office in Atlanta, Georgia, this person will play a critical role in the leadership of the development of communications strategy and content. He/she will lead the development of a thought leadership and corporate content marketing strategy, as well issues/reputation management globally.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Cultivating a deep understanding of the company's business model, strategic direction, and corporate goals to develop long-term communications plans that advance the company’s positioning.
- Creating and overseeing the development of short- and long-term corporate content and positioning that promotes WestRock’s differentiated packaging solutions to all external audiences.
- Developing and implementing communications strategies for strategic investments, mergers and acquisitions in support of the company’s Managing communications activities for strategic investments, mergers and acquisitions
- Generating public relations initiatives in consultation with other functional areas, regional and business unit leadership to support enterprise priorities. Managing proactive and reactive media relations activities globally, including fostering productive relationships with key contacts and facilitating all media requests.
- Creating strategies to raise the thought leadership profile of organization and key personnel. Write scripts, speeches and talking points for organization’s key leaders for events and public speaking engagements in global opportunities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Minimum of ten years of experience in corporate communications, with a substantial portion of that directly engaged in shaping corporate reputation.
- Substantial supervisory experience with proven success at building, mentoring and coaching a diverse and high-performing team.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications program with expertise in communications concepts, practices, strategies and tactics based on an understanding of both key audiences and corporate objectives.
- Experience in providing effective advice, counsel and coaching on communications issues to executives, managers and colleagues.
- Experience with financial communications, specifically partnering with Investor Relations on quarterly earnings announcements.
- Demonstrated ability to build one’s own internal credibility and becoming a sought after resource for communications advice and counsel.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
|Compensation & Benefits||
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.