|Title||Manager, Public Relations (Social Media)
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Graco, Baby Jogger, Aprica, Goody, Irwin, Lenox, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Coleman, First Alert, FoodSaver, Jostens, K2, NUK, Oster, Rawlings, Sunbeam and Yankee Candle. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
The manager of social media exhibits strong experience in earned and paid social media strategy, content creation, driving retail conversion and direct-to-consumer (DTC) on social media, CRM lead generation on owned social channels and social media community management. The manger of social media will work with the senior manager of social media to create paid and earned social strategies for our brands and provide strategic oversight of the day-to-day social media activities of three categories of Newell Brands’ globally recognized brands. A key part of this role will be to analyze and merchandise social media KPI’s, including but not limited to impressions, engagement, sentiment, conversion to retail.com, click-through rates, CRM lead generation, video views and DTC ecommerce.
This manager will also help build and execute high-impact integrated campaigns that will drive awareness and engagement on owned and earned social media channels, increase trial and advocacy for our brands while engaging with consumers and influencers online. This role also supports blogger and influencer outreach. The manager of social media will be a business partner to brand development, brand activation, public relations, digital and ecommerce (segment and DTC).
The position is based in Atlanta and reports to the Sr. Manager of Social Media.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work with the senior manager of social media to create a paid and earned social strategy for our brands
- Provide strategic oversight of the day-to-day social media activities of our brands
- Monitor, analyze and merchandise social media KPI’s, including but not limited to impressions, engagement, sentiment, conversion to retail.com, click-through rates, CRM lead generation, video views and DTC ecommerce
- Be a business partner to brand development, brand activation, public relations, digital and ecommerce (segment and DTC)
- Collaborate with the PR, digital and marketing teams to develop annual/campaign briefs; Brief PR and social media agency of record on social media priorities or campaigns
- Collaborate with the PR team as well as the PR and social media agency of record to develop integrated strategic, creative and measurable PR and social media plans on behalf of the brands
- Develop and create compelling content and engage proactively and reactively across all brand-owned social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram for designated brands
- Explore new and emerging social media channel opportunities for our brands
- Build and manage relationships with target bloggers and influencers to create and leverage social media content on owned and earned social channels
- Demonstration of managing large paid social media budgets, hitting monthly goals, and optimizing campaigns towards multiple objectives
- Integrate Paid Social into a holistic Social Media and Marketing Strategy to deliver results that meet and exceed business objectives
- 4 year college degree, preferably in PR, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience 6-10 years of public relations/social media experience
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills as well as the ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment and manage an agency
- Experience working with companies that specialize in technical or industrial products
- Experience promoting both consumable and durable products to consumers
- Keen sense of consumer trends
- Polished professional presence with exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute high-impact PR campaigns across traditional, owned, new and social media
- Proven experience managing agencies and other outside vendors to deliver programs on time and on budget
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, interacting with all levels of marketing and business functions globally
- Demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities and challenges
- Public relations agency or outside consultancy experience preferred
- Advanced experience in paid social media, including paid strategy preferred
|Compensation & Benefits||