|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to develop a world-class entertainment system 30,000 feet in the air? Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year on the more than 150,000 systems delivered. Our InFlyt Experience team continues to power the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class customer experience – so be a part of something big, join Thales.
At Thales, we design solutions that equip the aviation community with fully connected end-to-end solutions to transport passengers and cargo while improving safety and security and simplifying operational management, in partnership with aircraft manufacturers and service providers. We enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely even in the most densely crowded skies. We create in-flight entertainment systems that equip more than 1,700 aircraft to provide passengers with a more satisfying and connected flying experience. We develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial airline fleets and help further increase fuel and operational efficiencies, shorten travel and turn-around times. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transport and search and rescue helicopters. At Thales, this is what we do every day.
Together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
In the U.S., we employ more than 3,000 people across more than 20 locations in 13 states. We are a leading technology provider serving five mission-critical markets: aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation. Globally, we employ more than 62,000 people in 56 countries allowing us to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the demands of some of the most complex environments on the planet.
At Thales, we believe technology can make the world a better place. For us this is more than a job, it’s our passion. Together, with our customers and partners around the globe, we are working to build smarter solutions because everywhere safety and security matter, we deliver.
We are currently looking for a Communications Specialist to join the Thales Avionics, a subsidiary of Thales USA team in Melbourne, Florida. The Communications Specialist will provide internal communications support to the IFE business segments in Florida teams by developing and executing a concise and focused communication plan in alignment with the overall business plan and communications strategy. In addition the incumbent will provide generalist communications support to the IFE business line.
- Responsible for providing internal communications support to the IFE business segments in Florida in alignment with the overall business plan
- Supports all other aspects of communications for the business line as appropriate, including; internal/external communications, trade shows, press releases and special events.
- This position works primarily with the regional leadership teams to assist in facilitating improved interactions with internal stakeholders, as well as in supporting integration projects and change initiatives.
- Position has an impact on employee engagement, as well as the internal and external promotion of the company to our employees, customers and the community at large.
- This position develops and executes communications in accordance with the business unit strategy and in alignment with the organization’s overall communications strategy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree with approximately seven (7) to eight (8) years of experience in a comparable role as a corporate communication specialist.
- This position requires outstanding writing and computer skills, as well as successful project management experience. This position also requires the ability to effectively interact and build trust with all levels of contributors throughout the organization.
- Requires outstanding writing skills, computer skills, and successful project management experience.
- Willing to travel up to 15% travel mainly between Florida and California.
Your contributions to Thales’ cutting-edge products will make possible the continued delivery of excellence. If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now
and we will be in touch.
At Thales USA, we provide careers – not jobs.
|Compensation & Benefits||