At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree is seeking a Marketing Specialist to be responsible for the timely coordination and production of marketing materials in support of new product launches and sales and marketing programs. This role will include content development for digital and sales enablement media, advertising campaigns, email marketing content, case studies, videos and executive-level presentations. This person will manage creative content development (internal and external video content, long form writing post, case studies, sales videos, etc.) that both builds the corporate brand and promotes new products and company news. Your creativity skills will be put to the test in this highly dynamic role. This position requires a self-starter capable of producing marketing materials in all media both independently and collaboratively with the use of internal and external resources.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role in a $1.5B and growing company
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Unique opportunity to implement and improve upon existing business processes
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
What can you do for Cree?
- Work closely with marketing leadership to understand marketing needs, target audience, industry trends, and channel/product-specific messaging
- Obtain a deep knowledge of multiple business units including their marketplace, industry and competitors
- Based on strategic guidance, assist in the development of integrated marcom materials in a variety of channels and media to support new product launches, sales promotions, events, corporate sponsorships, and other sales and marketing programs
- Undertake and manage individual tasks of integrated marketing plan as assigned from inception to completion
- Develop written communication including but not limited to case studies, ad copy, white papers, website content, sell sheets, brochures, email newsletters, internal and external videos and executive presentations
- Communicate main brand and product messages through a wide array of communication channels
- Work with the creative team on development of materials to ensure creative and copy align
- Gather and organize assets including product specs and other technical data, marketing materials, photography, digital media, illustrations, and artwork
- Assist in management paid media schedule and corresponding content
- Assist in management of creative agencies of record
- Assist in tracking of corporate marketing budget
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing communications, preferably with heavy experience in content creation, such as case studies, ad copy, white papers, website content, sell sheets, brochures, email newsletters, video scripts, infographics, blog posts, etc
- Ability to adapt writing style for a variety of customers and audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work on multi-functional teams, gain consensus from a wide variety of stakeholders, and negotiate with vendors
- Well-organized and highly motivated to manage multiple ongoing projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of ownership and accuracy on all work activities
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management systems
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint
- Willingness for occasional travel (less than 10%)
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Light graphic design experience (Adobe suite) preferred
|Compensation & Benefits||