|Company||Ladies Professional Golf Association
|Title||Director of Market Research & Planning
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
The Ladies Professional Golf Association is one of the longest-running women's professional sports associations in the world. Founded in 1950, the organization has grown from its roots as a playing tour into a non-profit organization involved in every facet of golf. The LPGA Tour and the LPGA Teaching & Club Professionals (T&CP) comprise the backbone of what has become the premier women's professional sports organization in the world today. The LPGA maintains a strong focus on charity through: its tournaments; its grassroots junior and women's programs; and the formation of The LPGA Foundation. The LPGA is under the guidance of CommissionerMichael Whan and is headquartered in Daytona Beach, Fla.
The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full-time,Market Research and Planning Director. Reporting to the SVP of Strategic Partnership, this position is responsible for market research, analytical tracking and interpreting data to support partner investments and the LPGA. This position is based in Daytona Beach, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct research and analysis on TV ratings, digital analytics (web/mobile/social) and media exposure on LPGA assets to provide partner & title sponsorship reports
- Identify and prioritize research needs and generate plans to address any gaps in knowledge or information
- Utilize syndicated database(s) to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for the LPGA
- Conduct research on companies, industries, competitors, market trends, etc. that will help secure sponsorship
- Plan, manage and support market research projects and activities related to strategic decision-making
- Provide recommendations to team leadership that contribute to increased sponsorships, sponsorship revenue, sponsor activation, event attendance, TV viewership, loyalty, engagement, fans, etc.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies including writing research briefs and reports, questionnaire design, online programming of questionnaire, data analysis, executive summaries and recommendations
- Direct and supervise outside agencies/consultants in the conduct of primary qualitative and quantitative market research studies for support of the global business, including the design, analysis, and reporting of actionable recommendations
- Manage multi-country research projects that require an understanding of business and cultural issues
Requirements include the following:
- At least 7-10 years of professional experience in marketing research and/or strategic analysis roles related to consumers, industries and competitors (domestic or international)
- Bachelor's degree required, an MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience inside the sports/entertainment industry and a passion for golf preferred
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in conducting a variety of market research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, including but not limited to usage and attitude studies, brand tracking studies, consumer segmentation, B2B, loyalty studies, barrier studies, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Proficiency with Nielsen TV Ratings, syndicated databases (e.g. Scarborough, MRI, Simmons, etc.), Media Valuation Platforms (e.g. Nielson, Joyce Julius, etc.), PR Monitoring Tools and emerging alternative audience measurement tools
- Demonstrated competency in managing multiple tasks/assignments and meeting demanding deadlines with minimal supervision as well as problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to upper-level management
|Compensation & Benefits||
The LPGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, golf and fitness center privileges, access to all events, and many other great benefits to all full-time employees.