|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider. We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000+ associates are located throughout the US and all over the world.
Shaw Contract is a global design leader in commercial flooring for some of the world’s most creative and innovative environments. Our vast, sustainable product offerings can be found in diverse markets such as workplace, healthcare, hospitality, education and multi-family dwellings; supporting the spaces in which we work, learn, live, play and heal.
The communications manager role is vital for our business and cultural success and works across our entire design, marketing and sales organization to develop and share messages for both internal and external audiences. We’re looking for someone who is sharp, social and highly-motivated to manage the chaos that comes with a fast-paced, innovative, and design-centric organization. The ideal candidate will have experience working with and managing agency relationships. You’ll have partnered across departments on communications projects including product launches, brand campaigns, corporate communications and social media.
Some of your primary responsibilities might be:
- Works with product design and marketing teams to organize and distribute content to outside agencies and partners.
- Manage workload and deliverables with press & PR partner agencies to communicate bylines, press releases and campaigns around product launches, innovations, events & announcements.
- Manage workload for external creative copywriting & creative writing resources.
- Manages workload and schedules of partner deliverables
- Media planning, budget & developing relationships with advertising editors
- Creating content for award submission entries & press releases
- Develop and build effective internal communications streams between departments
- Content management for social media
- 4-year communication, marketing, or journalism degree or relevant experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Must be able to translate technical information into clear communications for a general audience.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of basic communication and marketing functions.
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are a plus, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- A wide degree of creativity, flexibility and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media
- Marketing and/or product development experience in the carpet industry desired.
Although our highly-distributed workforce can be found around the globe, Shaw Contract is based out of Cartersville, Georgia and construction is underway on our new highly-sustainable, world-class Create Centre facility, which will be home to product development and marketing for our commercial division, demonstrating our commitment to hiring the best talent. We hire humble, collaborative and ambitious people and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Shaw Contract is the commercial design brand for Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a vertically integrated manufacturer that supplies carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile & stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets globally. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, and with manufacturing in the United States, Mexico and China, Shaw is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with more than $4.5 billion in annual sales and 23,000 associates worldwide.
- Innovation: Facilitate Change
- People: Build Trusting Relationships
- Strategy: Deliver Compelling Communications
- Strategy: Plan and Organize
|Compensation & Benefits||