|Title||Sr. Communication Writer
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider. We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000+ associates are located throughout the US and all over the world.
Complete compelling presentations and documentation that support the commercial sales teams. The Sr. Communications Writer will be responsible for communicating current, accurate and complete information to the customer base within an aggressive timeframe, and appropriately representing the brand.
- Understand and align output with the image, product, and service offerings for Shaw’s commercial brands.
- Develop content and provide proofreading support for materials to support the Marketing Support Services group.
- Develop strategic positioning of Shaw products and services for use in proposals, marketing materials, and sales tools.
- Manage processes and protocol to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Coordinate and maintain proposal library.
- Use marketing and sales acumen to create compelling arguments that can be used in the proposal process.
- Research competitors to gain knowledge and document information for a strategic advantage.
- Coordinate distribution of proposal questions to appropriate company experts, categorize responses to proposals and maintain a knowledge database of all information.
- Work with team members to gain information and perspective during the proposal process.
- Participate in sales and proposal meetings, as needed.
- Identify any problems during proposal process and suggest possible resolutions.
- Assist with standard presentation development and complete custom presentations as defined by brand sales needs.
- Complete/Process Vendor Questionnaires, Vendor Registrations, Environmental Questionnaires and other projects as directed by Manager.
- Deliver Compelling Communication
- Build Customer Satisfaction
- Initiate Action
- Learn Continuously
- 4-year communication, marketing, or journalism degree OR High School Diploma/GED and relevant experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced writing and editing abilities.
- Excellent problem solver with good attention to detail and ability to think strategically.
- Marketing and/or product development experience in the carpet industry desired, but not required.
- Must be adaptable to a dynamic work environment and able to implement alternate solutions.
- Must be able to translate technical information into clear communications for a general audience.
- Must be flexible, able to shift priorities and work non-standard hours.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and possess good organizational skills.
- Understanding of basic communication and marketing functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- 3-5 years sales and/or marketing experience.
|Compensation & Benefits||