|Company||Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia
|Title||Marketing and Communications Manager
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
The Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia (PIAG) has served Georgia’s dynamic printing and imaging industry for more than 115 years. As the voice of the industry, PIAG has assisted thousands of Georgia Printing & Imaging Owners, CEOs, Managers and Plant Personnel in achieving business success. Through PIAG Insurance Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of PIAG, we assist employers in obtaining cost-effective group health, property, casualty and workers’ compensation insurance. When you access your insurance through PIAG, you benefit from the purchasing power of more than 300 member companies as well as our established relationship with numerous respected insurance carriers.
The marketing and communications manager is responsible for the overall direction of marketing and communications for the Association. This position is familiar with the graphics communications industry and uses knowledge and necessary research to develop content for all printed and electronic media, educational offerings, and marketing materials, which includes developing a strategic plan for each area. This position has latitude in its creativeness and is expected to bring forth new ideas and perspectives to deliver and increase value to members. This is the perfect position for someone looking to move up from an entry level position; expand their skills in the areas of content development, design, education, and marketing; or for someone that enjoys wearing multiple hats in a small office. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Develops e-communications as part of an ongoing campaign to provide awareness on topical and time-sensitive issues related to the industry and Association.
- Produces regular, printed publication(s) to provide relevant, in-depth information.
- Creates and utilizes website to enhance visibility of the Association and its programs, services, and events to increase engagement and repeat visits.
- Promotes the Association and the industry through public relations efforts such as press releases, networking at local and statewide events, and other media avenues.
- Utilizes social media to enhance visibility, perception, and awareness of the Association.
- Directs and delivers the overall planning, development, and implementation of Association and insurance marketing efforts including print and multimedia.
- Assists in conducting and analyzing data from member surveys, behavioral metrics, and other evaluation and assessment activities.
- Designs marketing materials, signs, publications, social media, and e-communications that include annual booklet, presentation materials, banners and signage, flyers, brochures, programs, publicity kits, and award certificates.
- Evaluates and implements necessary changes to the Association’s brand through competency-based education, style consistency, high standards for customer service, and creative design.
- Provides design and layout functions for all printed and electronic media.
Education & Miscellaneous:
- Collaborates with director of association development in the planning and execution of all education, events, and programs.
- Assists with general office support including answering phone, emails, and providing backup to other staff functions.
- Produces annual design and printing competition and subsequent awards program.
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, design, or journalism required
- Knowledge of graphic arts industry a plus
- Previous experience in association managment a BIG plus
- Creative and willing to suggest and initiate change
- Patience, maturity, and determination
- Work effectively both with and without direct supervision and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently
- Experience in a small office/small association a plus
- Ability to be a part of a contributing member of a team
- Ability to be a part of a creative work team
|Compensation & Benefits||