|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
AVCON, INC. is a Florida-based full-service engineering and planning firm established in 1988 specializing in airports, transportation facilities, and site development projects. As a growing firm, we continually look for talented engineers in the civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical disciplines. We have a staff of over 80 professionals headquartered in Orlando, Florida with regional offices in Niceville, Florida and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Our projects range from facility master plans to pavement evaluation and design, power distribution, building lighting and electrical systems design, airfield lighting, navigational aids, hangar developments, security and low-voltage electrical projects, roadway designs and traffic assessments, utility and storm water improvements, residential and commercial site planning, HVAC design and plumbing, fire protection, and structural design.
AVCON is the second largest engineering firm headquartered in Orlando according to the Orlando Business Journal 2015 Book of Lists. The firm has ranked within the top 20 of the Orlando Sentinel’s Top 100 Companies for Working Families seven years in a row.
AVCON transforms today’s ideas into tomorrow’s reality.
As part of the Marketing team, the Marketing Coordinator will coordinate and implement marketing communication projects with responsibilities that include public relations, special events management, advertising, and creating firm brand awareness. Organizes the preparation of proposals and presentations using marketing resource materials such as brochures, data, slides, photographs, and reports. Prepares status reports on marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) and proposal database.
- Assemble and prepare proposals and presentations for selected projects including proof-reading, printing, collating, binding, and shipment/delivery; track proposal status and success rates, and submit projects for awards.
- Coordinate the design and production of marketing materials; maintains generic marketing materials, team resumes, photo library and project information sheets.
- Update and maintain current licenses, insurance, certifications, references, and vendor and prequalification forms.
- Coordinate selection, inventory, and delivery of promotional items, holiday cards, and gifts.
- Coordinate public relations events associated with tradeshows or special corporate events.
- Participate in various community functions, pre-proposal meetings, trade shows, advertising, social media, and special events.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Development, Journalism, Communication, or related field.
- 3+ years’ of related experience including proposal writing preferably in the A/E/C industry.
- A combination of relevant education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite, required.
- Previous experience with Deltek Vision, preferred.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently with little/no supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully both verbally and in writing.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to set priorities, take ownership of projects, work efficiently, and provide a consistent level of high quality in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving complex problems, determining program/project objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing strategies for guidance for the development of projects.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with AVCON employees at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments/deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervisors; meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Executes and prioritizes project tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
- This position is not eligible for telecommuting.
|Compensation & Benefits||