|Company||YMCA of Western North Carolina
|Title||Digital Marketing Specialist
The YMCA of Western North Carolina is committed to strengthening the foundations of community through programming that supports youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Our programs nurture the greatness in every child, promote well-being throughout the community, and give back to our neighbors in need. All of this work is rooted in our four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
We interpret our Christian principles through our core values. We are an open and affirming association respectful of all people. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment for people to feel comfortable to grow in spirit, mind and body. Our Mission guides us in all we do and compels us to embrace, reflect and celebrate the richness of diversity within each other, and our community. We invite, welcome and involve everyone to work side by side with us to further our cause.
The Y offers its programs and services to the community in the belief that no one should be turned away for their inability to pay. Through our Annual Campaign, the Y provides financial assistance based on need and available resources.
Our mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Director, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for producing and executing the association’s multichannel digital marketing initiatives. The incumbent plans and maintains the entire digital presence and ensures the success of digital projects by managing smart, strategic programs and campaigns.
- Initiates, leads and manages the execution of digital projects and initiatives, including website maintenance, social media planning, digital advertising, search engine optimization, data management and member engagement tools
- Ensures digital marketing solutions support the association's strategic plan and objectives
- Plans and coordinates end-to-end digital programs to support overall business objectives
- Develops, manages and produces integrated digital campaigns that touch multiple online platforms for a cohesive digital strategy that may include, but is not limited to, email, social, text, blogs, online, mobile, digital content development, and emerging channels
- Contributes to multichannel content positioning and message development to increase customer engagement, build the brand, and drive digital sales
- Creates and executes the digital media calendar, ensuring alignment with the association and communicating in a clear, consistent voice
- Serves as a brand advocate and trains association staff to maintain brand standards, including the Y voice and business goals
- Helps to ensure all digital channels are synchronized in terms of content, messages and design
- Measures and reports performance of activities to assess against goals; monitors and reports on ROI and KPIs of advertising investments
- Identifies trends and insights, and optimizes plans based on these insights
- Contributes to the identification and refinement of new consumer experiences with digital platforms
- Presents research and case studies of market trends and measurement data for new opportunities and learning purposes
- Collaborates with Marketing team and partners to develop creative content to effectively target audiences on suggested digital platforms
- Supports digital partnerships and helps support vendor relations during projects
- Fosters a collaborative team environment within Marketing and with association staff and external partners
- Contributes to process stewardship to ensure adherence to established protocols
- Bachelor's degree in Communication Science, Marketing, Digital Media, Business or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Digital Marketing, including knowledge of a variety of digital platform strategies ranging from online content marketing, email, social media, online advertising, integrated campaigns, and new platform initiatives
- Possesses deep knowledge of technology and how to apply it to digital marketing
- Strong understanding of marketing, content, planning, and executing digital efforts
- Analytical, strategic thinker with the desire to innovate; articulates a future vision for the digital space and is highly articulate about marketing technology
- Aptitude to own and manage projects, demonstrate creativity and put ideas into action
- Professional with initiative for innovation, creativity and solutions
- Proficient in web design and analytics, content management systems, and customer relationship management tools; experience with Drupal 8 and Daxko a plus
- Strong skills in digital advertising, including Facebook and Google AdWords
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative tools
- Ability to translate internal and external consumer data with actionable insights
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak clearly.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel locally for meetings.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Marketing and Communications Director or their representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Greater membership and community knowledge of the YMCA and our services.
- High satisfaction of services received from the branches.
- Increased “outreach” services offered to the community.
|Compensation & Benefits||