|Title|| Product Manager
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Larson-Juhl US LLC, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway; designs, manufactures, and distributes framing products in the United States and Canada. The company offers wood and metal moulding, matboard, foam board, glass, equipment, and other framing supplies to retail framing customers. As the world's leading manufacturer and distributor of custom framing products, Larson-Juhl has a rich tradition of caring for our customers and our team members.
We are a company committed to our Values:
- Customer always comes first.
- Fair and honest in all dealings.
- Respect for the individual.
- Excellence in products and service.
- Rewards tie to performance.
- Leadership by example.
The Product Manager role is a strategic and business-oriented role focused on delivering innovative solutions to meet evolving market needs. This extends from increasing the profitability and adoption of existing products to bringing new and competitive products to the market on behalf of the company.
The Product Manager will be given a set of products by the Director of Product Management to manage through the entire product lifecycle, including gathering market and business requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with teams across the company to implement and execute on that vision to deliver products to market. The Product Manager must work closely with the Product Director to ensure that their efforts are aligned with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Owns the product lifecycle for a specific set of products from strategic planning to tactical implementation activities including end of life (markdowns, discontinued)
- Assesses competitive research, including all necessary tactical information to support the business unit in development of strategic plans and programs
- Supports the development of product business plans including SWOT analyses, revenue/expense projections, business needs and competitive drivers
- Leads the business in the development of long-range, cross functional product strategic plans
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the competitive product marketplace and supports the Director of Product Management in the identification of new product opportunities based on market demand and the company’s strategic direction
- Develops and executes specific training in support of the product sales
- Develops programs to support the field’s efforts in the market
- Participates as a full-time commercialization team member supporting product launches
- Leads and manages key customer and supplier relationships for specific products
- Develops recommendations for pricing strategies
- Manages forecasts and budgets alongside the Director of Product Management
- Provides manufacturing with accurate short term and long term product forecasts
- Provides sales and marketing support, including pricing, sales demos, trainings, core positioning and messaging
- Maximizes the profitability and adoption of both current and future products
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong preference for a major in marketing, business, or a related area
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in a professional capacity in product management, market research, product planning or a related area
- Strong interpersonal, written/grammatical and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to analyze marketing reports and make sound marketing recommendations
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines
- Ability to manage and oversee departmental projects
- Must be organized and possess the ability to multitask
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to manage and oversee projects
|Compensation & Benefits||
Larson-Juhl provides team members with rewarding career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Health, life, and dental insurance
- A company matched 401(k) plan
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid vacations, paid personal time and paid holidays
- A scholarship program, educational assistance and profit sharing