|Title||Global Communications Manager - System Integration Business
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers to write the future of industrial digitalization and realize value. Our global Product Group (PG) System Integration is a leading provider of innovative and reliable substation solutions for effective integration of power from conventional and renewable generation plants, and efficient transmission and distribution to residential, commercial and industrial consumers. In this global role, you will be responsible for strategy, conceptualization and execution of professional communications in the Product Group. You will work across regions covering internal and external communication needs, with an innovative spirit and strong focus on a smooth collaboration with all stakeholders. You will report to and work closely with the Global Head of Communications for Grid Integration and different stakeholders in a collaborative way to bring business value to the communication activities. The job location is somewhat flexible and will be defined based on the final candidate's current location and situation. Possible locations are our hubs/sites in Europe (Milan area, Italy; Madrid area, Spain; Mannheim area, Germany; Vasteras area, Sweden).
The task will include marketing communications and internal communications and storytelling using several platforms as the web, media and news articles, presentations and multimedia, within the framework of ABB Guidelines.
The main duties include:
- Develop our System Integration communication strategy, in alignment with the Business Unit (BU); planning, monitoring, reporting and budgeting and lead communication globally and across geographies
- Develop strong stories to appeal to different stakeholders, internal as well as external, to position Grid Integration and its offerings
- Conceptualize, write and prepare inputs for press releases and trade media stories for product launches, major projects or other important news
- Develop and update materials such as advertisements, posters, technology papers, reference cases, multi-media demos etc.
- Prepare market introduction plans for new products and manage their execution in close collaboration with Product Management
- Plan, prepare and coordinate trade shows and customer events, responsible for all product-related displays for trade shows and customer seminars based on the ABB VI and brand guidelines and the System Integration global strategy
- Interface to communications of the BU Grid Integration and Power Grids Division on behalf of System Integration
- Pro-actively communicate through intranet for news stories, organization announcements etc.
- Be responsible for product- and business related photo shoots, image bank
- Support the System Integration management teams in their local communication tasks
- University degree in Communications, Marketing and Communication or related disciplines
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing and Communications, ideally in the power industry or related sectors
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Ability to express technically complex content in easy to understand form
- Familiarity with professional use of text, graphics and illustration tools as well as multimedia and Sitefinity web platform
- Ability to effectively handle tasks independently, with a collaborative drive
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Superior professionalism and judgment
|Compensation & Benefits||