|Company||Santa Fe College
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Santa Fe College (SF) was recently recognized as the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester.
Communications & Creative Services (CCS) is SF’s main source for internal and external communications online, in print, in person and in the media. CCS is seeking a Communications Manager to perform a variety of tasks with a high degree of creativity and latitude. The Communications Manager will work as an integral member of the CCS team responsible for the management of the communications output for Santa Fe College. This position collaborates college-wide with all departments to ensure the proper organization of communication, establish consistent messaging content, to achieve brand consistency, as well as the highest standards of excellence for external communications related to Santa Fe College.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage media services which includes the development and preservation of professional relationships with members of the media, the prompt response to media inquiries, assisting and escorting reporters on campus, the tracking of media coverage concerning the college in print and online media outlets.
- Respond to crisis communication needs in collaboration with the administration of Santa Fe College.
- Write, edit and proofread college-wide publications according to the Associated Press (AP) Stylebook, the SF style and usage guide, as well as a working knowledge of grammar rules and punctuation.
- Write manuals that set forth and explain college procedures, the usage of customized software such as the college’s Content Management System (CMS), as well as SF’s style and signature guide.
- Write, edit, proofread, prepare and distribute college-wide press releases and media alerts to local media outlets.
- Write and edit content for all of the internal, external, promotional and visible materials produced by CCS, including the SF Website and SF social media.
- Provide support to departments when writing press releases and advertising materials for special projects and events.
- Write and edit content to support major recruitment campaigns identified by the Director of CCS.
- Write, edit, proofread, and produce the Today@SF, Santa Fe College’s college-wide daily electronic newsletter.
- Supervise writing interns, part-time Communication Managers, and writers acting as individual contractors.
- Assist with the contest entries for various regional, state and national awards.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Communications and Creative Services
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or a relevant field with two years of closely related experience working with communications, media, social media, public relations or content management systems is required or a combination of relevant work experience and/or the completion of a related educational degree equal to six (6) years is required. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Experience writing in different styles to appeal to various audiences, and familiarity with HTML and Adobe Create Suite are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A motivated self-starter and proven team-player with the ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service, develop and maintain collaborative relationships, prioritize efficiently, and proactively solve problems are all required of this position. The successful candidate must possess superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems, and Microsoft Office are also required.
The Communications Manager must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-demand, deadline-driven setting, effectively cross-manage multiple projects simultaneously with a great deal of accuracy, high level of quality and keen attention to detail. This position is expected to be aware of the emerging trends within education, as well as communications technology and to stay current with other industry best practices. This position must work well with students, faculty and staff at all levels within a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative and creative environment.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Starting salary of $35,161--$42,193 based on applicable steps as per the Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.