|Company||Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida
|Title||Marketing & Communications Coordinator
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Since 1944, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida has helped inspire hope and opportunity in those who need it most – at-risk children in our local community.
We provide safe places to learn and grow for nearly 14,000 children between the ages of 6 and 18 every year. At each of our 30 Clubs in Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties, core youth development programs are offered to meet the diverse needs and interests of our members.
Support the Director of Marketing & Communications and the organization by producing content for print, electronic communications, and social media; assist with special events, meetings, branding initiatives and other campaigns to build community and donor awareness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in producing content for both print and electronic applications, including the annual report, e-blasts, media outreach, website, publicity materials, and collateral for events and campaigns.
- Collaborate on content creation/management of quarterly newsletter, brochures, Club specific collateral, various organizational materials, and photo archives.
- Support social media initiatives, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, creating and updating content and posts as needed.
- In partnership with the development department, identify and cultivate opportunities to build community and donor awareness. Respond to media and public inquiries regarding these campaigns. May be required to write and distribute press releases and other media related material.
- Assist with communications and networking in support of special events. This may include event coordination, producing A/V presentations and production timeline development.
- Assist with grant compliance needs: produce proof of outcome materials.
- Assist Director of Marketing & Communications with administrative or other duties as assigned.
- Internal: Maintains close contact with Development Department and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel. Maintain close relationships with administrative and Club personnel.
- External: Maintains contact with external community groups, media outlets, foundations, donors, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications/Marketing/English or related field preferred, or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Marketing and/or Communications or PR capacity with web and print experience preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms and their functionality (Optimize news releases for search engines & social media consumption.)
- Basic graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite preferred).
- Familiarity with any online content management systems (WordPress, Constant Contact, HTML)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite.
- Outstanding attention to detail: a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral communication skills, interpersonal and social skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Strong organizational & problem-solving skills (ability to plan, schedule and organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work).
- Willingness to take initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The employee must have the ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
Administrative environment (occasionally, on-site event environment).
|Compensation & Benefits||