|Company||FAIRWINDS Credit Union
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Welcome to FAIRWINDS Credit Union, a company that was built upon the simple philosophy of people helping people since 1949. Helping our members achieve financial freedom, helping our crewmembers grow lifelong careers here, helping our local community grow and thrive. You get the idea.
We continue to be one of the Best Companies to Work for in Florida, simply because we hire the best and most passionate talent. We are proud to promote employees from within and provide a positive work/life balance.
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team in our downtown Orlando corporate offices.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing, the Graphic Designer is responsible for creating, proposing, and presenting original designs, concepts, and content to represent the FAIRWINDS brand in a variety of mass media channels including print, video, digital and mobile advertising, social media, and employee communications. The successful candidate will possess the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environmentas well as a comprehensive portfolio of creative design work.
You must submit your portfolio along with your resume in order to be considered for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses knowledge of current design software to produce art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, and campaigns through a variety of media outlets. Generates and manipulates images, animations, sound, text, and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs.
- Delivers timely, accurate, thorough and high quality work. Sets clear, measurable and realistic goals and holds self and others accountable for achieving them; stays with plan of action until objective is achieved.
- Supports the department with the translation of the organization’s strategic goals and marketing objectives into creative designs including print, digital, mobile and video applications
- Supports the planning, direction, and coordination of all creative across different types of media and channels. Makes recommendations for distribution based upon current trends.
- Actively participates in brainstorming creative sessions with the team, pitching and conceptualizing ideas and bringing them to fruition. This includes working with the organization’s other business units and members of management.
- Works to identify brand consistency issues and ensures standards are consistent and maintained across all projects
- Maintains relationships with outside creative agencies, printers, and other vendors as needed
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill in a technical/professional area. Demonstrates proficiency with desktop software required to perform the role.
- Digital Advertising: Leverages Internet technologies to deliver promotional advertisements to members. Knowledge of developing responsive design websites, email and mobile.
- Print and Design Applications: Understanding of interactive tools, animation and motion graphics. Understanding of digital file formats (tiff, gif, jpeg, png, eps, pdf, etc.), their benefits, limitations, and ideal implementations.
- Graphic Design: Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree required; major in Creative or Graphic Design or Interactive Arts and Media is preferred
- 4 years' graphic design experience is required
- Must possess advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Understanding of interactive tools, animation and motion graphics.
- Understanding of digital file formats (tiff, gif, jpeg, png, eps, pdf, etc.), their benefits, limitations, and ideal implementations
- Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design principles across a variety of platforms including print and web graphics
|Compensation & Benefits||
FAIRWINDS is proud to offer crewmembers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits
- 401K match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement