|Company||Cape Fear Valley Behavioral Health Care
|Title||Communications Specialist - Cohen Veterans Clinic
Cape Fear Valley Behavioral Health Care offers inpatient and outpatient mental health services for children ages four and older, adolescents and adults. It is located at 3425 Melrose Road in Fayetteville. Behavioral Health Care offers psychiatric treatment, including evaluations, medical management, and group, family and individual therapy. Substance abuse treatment is also available. Behavioral Health Care is accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the state of North Carolina. Staffed by psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, psychiatric nurses, licensed professional counselors and other mental health professionals, Cape Fear Valley Behavioral Health Care provides a team approach to mental wellness.
Responsible for driving and leading the communication strategy for the program. Manage web development, social media and operations to support the marketing and communications efforts. Responsible for helping to recruit patients to the Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Military Family Clinic through marketing and communication efforts to veteran-service organizations, multi-service organizations, the Veterans Administration, and other local partners.
The Communication Specialist will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach mediums as needed. Recruitment will focus on reaching veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their family members, though veterans from any service area can be treated at the clinic.
Also responsible for collaborating with the Outreach Director and Outreach Coordinator in managing and coordinating the Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Clinic of Cape Fear Valley Health System outreach strategy and developing the referral pipeline, focused on recruiting post 9/11 veterans and their families in the community. Focus on recruitment of patients to the CVN Clinic through outreach to community partners. The Communications Specialist works to achieve enrollment goals.
The following qualifications or equivalents are the minimum requirements to perform this job successfully. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
- Associate’s degree or two-year college equivalent required.
- Significant military experience is highly desirable.
- Prior 2-3 years experience in communications and marketing strategy with a focus on social media and web development.
- Business management skills preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Solid understanding of computer functions to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, photocopier and fax machines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact tactfully with community leaders, physicians, visitors, patients and other staff.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional manner; the ability to create and maintain marketing and social media strategies including web development that clearly articulate mission and goals of the Military Family Clinic.
- Military background strongly preferred.
- Collaborates to develop a supportive, flexible environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to parents, school personnel, licensing, staff and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Proficient knowledge of Web Page design, Word, Excel, Publisher, Access; PowerPoint.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems. Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions. Ability to plan ahead several months to a year. Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately.
- Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies. Must be results-oriented and exemplify a team player attitude.
|Compensation & Benefits||