|Title||Digital Communications Specialist
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
In 1957, when Harry J. Hoenselaar opened the first HoneyBaked Ham store in Detroit, Michigan, like most great companies, he did so because he believed in an idea. An idea that produced what is regarded today as the best tasting ham in the world.
Using the highest quality bone-in smoked ham, Harry created a special curing and cooking procedure, bringing out a one-of-a-kind taste that can only be described as perfection.
With its sweet, crunchy glaze enhancing the flavor of the bone-in smoked ham, Harry’s patented spiral-slicing process made HoneyBaked Ham the easy-to-serve centerpiece, becoming an instant staple at holiday dinners, Easter celebrations and meaningful meals shared and savored by family and friends.
All these years later, the company has stayed within the Hoenselaar family and so has the commitment to make every ham the same way Harry did - one at a time. Along with the unmistakable Honey Baked Ham®, that guarantee of satisfaction has grown to include homemade side dishes, classic roasted turkeys, and save-room-for worthy desserts that meet our strict standards.
We proudly stand behind each and every one of our products and take pride in serving our customers, whether it’s the height of holiday season or just a simple lunch at the cafe.
It’s that commitment to premium quality that lets us say when you serve The Authentic Honey Baked Ham®, it’s always a special occasion.
After nearly 60 years in business, HoneyBaked Ham is still deeply committed to our Mission--Celebrating life, one meal at a time. We are the home of the world's greatest ham, and the secret to our success isn't a secret at all--it is our associates. They are part of a high performance team that is committed to treating customers like gold and proudly stands behind every one of our products.
We are seeking a Digital Communications Specialist to be responsible for the digital communications strategy in driving awareness and trial, frequency, profitable sales, and retention within HoneyBaked Ham's retail and ecommerce channels. This person will coordinate and execute day-to-day email marketing activities and campaigns, working closely as a liaison between internal stakeholders and external agency partners. The role will report to the Director of Digital Marketing and work closely with our marketing team, technology team, and external design agencies in a collaborative, cross-functional environment. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, results driven and passionate about driving innovation and performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as day-to-day contact with email service providers (ESPs)
- Develop promotional, ad hoc, scheduled, triggered, and dynamic-content driven email campaign calendar across retail and ecommerce channels
- Responsible for communicating email calendars to cross-functional and field teams
- Coordinate email content and assets executed across campaigns; manage email and digital asset library
- Work with external design and development teams on email creative development and review with stakeholders; ensure accuracy, quality, and brand consistency across all emails in layout, design and messaging
- Collaborate with marketing team members to curate deeper stories or to leverage assets for communications
- Influence content strategy by utilizing analytics to identify opportunity and fill content gaps
- Manage the workflow and schedule for promotional email campaigns; coordinate the end-to-end email production process for email deployments including post-campaign analysis
- Responsible for proofing and testing of all emails
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, and other aspects of email execution
- Work with email service providers to monitor, analyze and optimize email performance metrics including click through rates, open rates, conversion and retention, and continually work to identify opportunities to improve engagement and support overall email strategy
- Optimize email marketing campaign performance through A/B testing, personalization, and dynamic content
- Use customer data and performance analytics to determine proper segmentation and develop frequency strategy
- Manage/support special projects as needed including areas of process improvement, creative refresh projects, and digital loyalty messaging
- Provide email and communications thought leadership regarding email best practices, trends and design of email campaigns
- Audit competitors' direct-to-consumer communication efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; agency experience is a plus
- Minimum of 2-4 years of digital or email marketing experience including deploying email campaigns through an ESP
- Knowledge of best practices in email design, email delivery and email customer engagement; understand CANSPAM and compliance in email
- Possess interest in knowledge-building across new technology and communication areas
- Experience managing creative development and directing agencies or internal teams
- Comfortable with translating reporting into recommendations
- Must be extremely process and results driven; the ideal candidate will define and communicate clear deadlines and schedules for email processes
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment managing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and analytic skills
- Excellent team player who can take work direction from multiple individuals, learns quickly and is adaptable
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, SQL; proficiency a plus
|Compensation & Benefits||