Elon is a selective, mid-sized private university renowned as a national model for engaged and experiential learning. Students work closely with faculty who are dedicated to excellent teaching and scholarship. The curriculum is grounded in the traditional liberal arts and sciences and complemented by nationally accredited professional and graduate programs.
General Purpose of Position:
The Graphic Designer is responsible for planning, conceiving, designing (or approving design) and coordinating production of print and digital products created primarily to reach external audiences. The position works with the publications team to ensure Elon’s visual identity is presented consistently across all media in support of the university’s vision and its departmental goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Designs publication projects from conception to completion. This includes ensuring project is printed accurately by reviewing proofs and attending press checks when necessary; is responsible for delivering to the client a high quality product on time and within budget.
- As a member of the publications team, conceptualizes publications and marketing strategies that maintain the university’s visual identity, engage intended audiences and meet the objectives of the departmental clients.
- Responsible for the execution of assigned projects from conception to completion, including preparing files for prepress and archiving of project files.
- Works with the publications team to set up and stage photo shoots.
- Assists Elon’s web and social media teams in producing web and email designs for online delivery.
- Designs digital assets for use online including banner ads, graphics and animations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; associate’s degree required.
- Prefer majors in communications, graphic design or art.
Length of Experience:
- At least 2-3 years experience in publication design and production.
Special Skills or Experience:
- Extensive experience with Macintosh operating systems (Mac OS), Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and other commercial design software and technologies.
|Compensation & Benefits||