|Company||Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
|Title||Senior Strategic Advisor, Sales and Marketing
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,500 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.7 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
As a senior member of the strategic Sales and Marketing function, contributes to the achievement of corporate goals through product, program, market engagement and/or marketing communications strategies. Initiatives may include new products or business partnerships to grow revenue beyond traditional sources as well as identification of market engagement, marketing communications and/or other programs to address market needs in the most cost effective manner. Leverages industry experience and expertise to promote enterprise understanding of the key areas in which the company is seeking to create competitive differentiation and establish sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and implement product, program, market engagement and/or marketing communications strategies to meet BCBSNC’s growth objectives.
- Support and manage development efforts related to the enhancement and maintenance of our current products, programs and market offer components.
- Leverages customer and consumer insights to develop holistic strategies, programs and plans that effectively drive business outcomes and maximize ROI (segmentation, product design, communication preferences, messaging strategy and measurement plans/learnings).
- Collaborate and execute critical activities such as strategic planning, complex financial/qualitative analysis and thought leadership at a departmental and enterprise level.
- Facilitate communication and present information to both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including senior-level leadership, to effectively drive programs/initiatives.
- Identifies strategic partners to provide innovative and market differentiating capabilities and may participate in the assessment, selection, and contract negotiation of these partners/vendors.
- Develops proofs of concept, business cases, market engagement and communications strategies and plans, detailed design and/or business requirements for assigned strategic initiatives.
- Organize, optimize and communicate progress towards the completion of overall work portfolio. Manages complex projects and cross-functional teams working on significant business strategies and opportunities.
- Identify, analyze and monitor relevant industry, regulatory, technology and market-based trends.
- Coaches/mentors more junior staff as needed to facilitate execution of assigned strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years experience in strategic/business development, strategic planning, marketing strategy or product development.
- OR Master’s degree with at least 4 years experience as stated above.
- Candidate must have significant background and experience in marketing, product development, market engagement plan development and /or marketing communications strategy/planning, as determined by the specific business area’s needs.
- Direct experience serving as a liaison to business executives, internal and external, and other outside advisors
- Negotiation and/or consultative experience required.
- Experience managing and delivering programs, projects and work efforts in a portfolio-based environment
- Master’s degree preferred, particularly in Business or Health Administration.
- Previous work experience in health insurance or health care industry with multi-faceted knowledge of healthcare delivery systems is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of BCBSNC business, systems, and organization preferred (may be specific to Finance, Healthcare, Network Management, Sales and marketing, IS, and/or Operations based on determined need of team)
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to manage goals through collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to facilitate difficult conversations, build consensus and provide consultation expertise.
- Ability to create and communicate business cases as well as design and implement development programs.
- Proficient in stakeholder management, problem/issue resolution and cross-team collaboration
- Strong planning and portfolio management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically while handling difficult and complex issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present information effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to meet time deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of complex information, connect and interrelate disparate ideas and thoughts, pay attention to detail, and work effectively with varying constituencies
- Strong understanding of logic and causal relationships and with some experience directing and conducting relevant research.
- Ability to work independently and effectively handle changing priorities.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpretation and translation skills – ability to understand technical / expert jargon and business needs and bridge communication gaps.
|Compensation & Benefits||