|Company||Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
|Title||Sr. Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,500 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.7 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst, s/he will act as a liaison between multiple business areas and technical communities for reporting and analytic development purposes. The Senior BID/BIA will design and develop Business Intelligence content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) by identifying reporting/analytic requirements and determining business rules through a structured elicitation process. The BIA/BID will ensure that information and BI content satisfies Enterprise business needs and the needs of individual departments.
- Responsible for providing overall day-to-day Business Intelligence analyst expertise in order to support junior level analysts in their work efforts. Leads the effort in selecting the proper tools needed to efficiently perform tasks.
- Elicit business reporting requirements from the business groups through formal interviews or facilitated sessions. Review business requirements provided by the Business Analyst.
- Develop BI content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) through the entire development life-cycle.
- Assist in BI tool evaluation including the development of proof-of-concept and pilot solutions
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with the business community to ensure accurate delivery of data from the business requirements with the goal of receiving sign off.
- Develop knowledge of business area processes and information needs and apply that knowledge in developing BI content for other users.
- Guide business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting and analytic information. This can be achieved through one-on-one meetings or group sessions
- Guide business area power users in developing self-service solutions for their departments
- Provide expertise to business areas in understanding enterprise data content, definitions and usage and the available BI tools.
- Work with business areas to adapt their business processes to effectively use enterprise data sources for information and analytical needs.
- Advise business areas on a structured approach to developing reports and analysis using enterprise data sources and BI tools.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of Business Intelligence developer/analyst tasks to facilitate completion of projects within the allocated time and budget.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the project schedule as it relates to Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst activities, dependencies and timelines to facilitate accurate project schedules.
- Participate in project risk assessment to identify potential obstacles ahead of time.
- Bachelors Degree with 7 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills
- If no degree, 9 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills
- Over five years of proven business analysis experience for large scale projects
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience with SAP Business Objects Xi suite of tools (Webi, Deski, Crystal, Xcelsius), or other enterprise class BI tools (e.g., Cognos, Microstrategy, Microsoft BI, SAS BI & analytics)
- Experience with data warehouse development on one or more of the following platforms: Teradata, Roale, MS SQL Server
- Experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Informatica, IBM DataStage
- Experience with the development of logical and physical data models
- Understanding of project management practices
- Proven capability in problem solving, data analysis and creative solutions to technical and business information problems
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Ability to translate business reporting requirements into an effective and usable reporting application
- Strong people skills and the ability to be resourceful, as well as to make concise, independent decisions
- Strong organizational skills which allow progress on concurrent tasks from separate projects
- Able to work effectively on a project team, and be highly accountable for results
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence in the team’s concern for the users
- Ability to determine current state of business requirements, business terms, business rules and data sources
- Ability to facilitate interviews
|Compensation & Benefits||