|Title||Junior Brand Planner
A BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED CAMPAIGN WILL FALL FLAT IF SUPPORTED BY A POORLY CRAFTED IDEA. AND VICE VERSA.
We make things. Products. Films. Brands. Social movements. Even those things we affectionately call “Ads.” From classic brochures to complete brand overhauls, everything we create begins with a simple human truth that leads to something aesthetically and emotionally beautiful for humans to engage with – or at least until humanoid robots become the next great consumer class. We dig deep with research and strategic thinking to uncover that single piece of insight that will help consumers understand how your brand can fit into their lives and add meaningful value. We tinker and toil with great attention to detail until the right big idea is born. The kind that can turn everyday consumers into passionate brand advocates. The audience may never see the thought and care that goes into the work, but they will still notice it.
Dunn&Co is searching for a junior brand planner to join our team. You’ll support our strategy team by uncovering truths, distilling insights, and developing strategies for our creatives and our clients. To be considered, you should have a strong understanding of advertising and be keen to do something more strategic than project management or campaign delivery. You should love getting under the skin of a campaign and understanding the brand and its target audience. We’re looking for someone with research skills and a strong creative appreciation. You will be trained and mentored in the agency, and you’ll get to work on some great brands – helping them understand who their audience is and how they think. We’re looking for someone who is super bright, creative and driven to understand how brands work and why consumers behave the way they do.
- conduct research to understand consumer insights and design a narratives around them
- develop briefs that help guide creatives through ideation and concepting
- assist in managing primary research projects including vendor relations,
- questionnaire development, discussion guide development, and reporting
- act as the voice of the consumer within the agency
- work to combine data, research, and product knowledge to enable the creative team to produce advertising ideas that solve business problems
- master secondary research tools for competitive research and industry trend analysis
- ask thoughtful questions to uncover solutions to client challenges
- assist in brand development projects including brand roadmaps and positioning exercises
- additional support for senior management as needed
- bachelor’s degree in marketing, anthropology, sociology, psychology, communications, English, journalism, or other related field; supplemented with a strong interest in research and study design
- advertising agency experience a plus
- advanced use of Keynote, Excel, and PowerPoint
- hard-working, smart, humbly confident, and just plain nice
- excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
|Compensation & Benefits||